Being a sheep

Options
I have fluctuated between nice healthy raw food and full on deep fried junk a lot this month.
My husband and me have just restarted a whole new get on the healthy kick today but he has already said eaten biscuits and cakes at work - they are right in front of his nose constantly and having some idea of the people he works with I understand why they are completely tempting.
The problem is whatever one does the other tends to follow. I am now craving rubbish because I can.....
How do I get off this yoyo follow the leader to hell ride?

Replies

• sailady
    sailady Posts: 26
    Options
    I guess I'll work it out!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I look at weight loss and eating healthy as a journey. You get on the right path and follow it for a bit and then there is a fork in the
    road. Sometimes you take the path that is healthy eating and sometimes your take the other path. Now it is up to you how long you stay on that other path. You can stay on that path a long time or get right back on the healthy eating path as fast as possible. But remember on your healthy eating path you are still allowed in enjoy the foods you love, just not all the time. Don't take anything off that path that you cannot live with for the rest of your life. Let yourself live within reason, but stay on the healthy path more than you are on the other path. It is hard! Don't beat yourself up when you get off track. Get back on track right away and use the experience to learn about yourself.

Our unhealthy habits did not happen overnight so changing them will not happen that fast.

Hope your journey is a successful one!

Terri
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You don't have to follow. My husband always has oatmeal cookies and granola bars in the house but I make a choice. Just because he's going to put junk in his body doesn' tmeant I have to. Occassionally I do, but I make a choice to stay away from it probably 95% of the time. He eats healthy food as well but he has his junk too!
  • navstar
    navstar Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Our unhealthy habits did not happen overnight so changing them will not happen that fast.

This is some of the best advice I have seen on the forums, a lot of people feel disheartened when they "give in" to temptation, but as you say its takes time to change the way you think of food and to re-educate your mouth and brain in regards to what to eat and what is good for you. And people need to remember that this is NOT a diet but should be a lifestyle change and you should eat how you will be eating for the rest of your life, if you want you can have "bad" food just not loads and not everyday, not everyone wants to eat "clean" and not everyone will.