I am new and in need of some support!!

Options
Hi all, I joined MyFitnessPal a few months ago, but I just started tracking my calorie intake about a week ago, and I'm feeling really good about things so far, and so I'm hoping to start making some connections in here that will help support me and that I can help support, in our weight loss journeys.

I am originally from Vancouver Island, but moved to Alberta back in 2001, lived in Edmonton since 2003 with my spouse and our troop of kitties, and we just moved out to Fort Saskatchewan at the beginning of April. I have been battling weight issues since I was about 10 years old, I was a very small kid up until I hit puberty, then I started gaining weight and haven't stopped since then, so it's about time for me to get this part of my life under control.

I am looking forward to meeting some new people and making connections with people that are fighting the same battle that I am. I can't wait to talk to everybody in here!

Replies

• estrellitamarina22
    Options
    Hi! I'm Verónica, nice to meet you. :) What's your name? And how are you? :)
    I'm new here so I don't know anybody.
  • jmlf4
    jmlf4 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can add me if ya like. Been on here about a month now and making some progress. Struggled with weight most of my life and ready for a change.
  • Ely0418
    Ely0418 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You can add me I been with MFP for about a year, but never used it. These past 2 weeks I been logging in everyday. So if you need support I'm in. ADD ME.... I want to lose 70lbs...
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Hey :) you're welcome to add me:) we can help each other :)
  • Nengi1980
    Nengi1980 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ;o)
  • kpepin3
    kpepin3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like. I've never been a petite girl (I haven't been under a size 11 since before 9th grade), but I'm working at it! I'd love to give you support, as I think it's definitely motivating :)
  • SmilinSue12
    SmilinSue12 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Sue. I share the same thing. I opened the account months and months ago, but I just started tracking my weight 2 weeks ago. You can add me if you'd like. I'm from Montreal, Quebec living with my hubby in California. I've moved here err... I'd say 11 years ago... :-)
  • Georgianbaygirl67
    Georgianbaygirl67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me if you like- a fellow Canuck- from Ontario. I have been a heavy girl all my life too. I did this before, but without friends. It works having someone else to report to!
  • titinyc
    titinyc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same here, add me! I have been on this thing for a few months now and it really helps, but I've never used the social aspects of the site, maybe having a few buds will help me make progress. Good luck with your journey! :)
  • deeds2785
    deeds2785 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) im from Edmonton as well
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Hello!

Feel free to add me, I've been on here just over a month and have lost 8 lbs already. I was on here when I first started losing weight then got lazy (about 2 years ago), now back again to lose the weight and maintain it this time. I'm good at motivating and I log everything, even if it's a bad day I still log EVERYTHING. No use lying to try and cover up, it'll come out at the weigh ins!
  • michelle0114
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • cindyjoesousa
    cindyjoesousa Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Im Cindy..Ive been on here since Jan 2012 and have lost 86 pounds..welcome..stick with it..be patient.. it didn't pile on overnight..it doesn't come off overnight..one pound at a time I lost 70 pounds in 2012..if you fall off the wagon one day, don't give up..get back on the wagon and keep going..log every single thing you put in your mouth..good luck to you!
  • quitcryin
    quitcryin Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there my name is April you can add me as well ..... I started this a couple years ago but was distracted by something yummy, Im sure. Im back to shed my fluffy bits. Ive been back for a week recording daily and I lost 2.8 lbs this week.
  • hauntao
    hauntao Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm new too, you can add me.
  • krislady
    krislady Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat - joined here a while ago, and finally starting to get serious about it.

I need to lose about 50 lbs. Ugh.