I wore a swimsuit at the beach... Imagine that!!!

Options
Ok, so I live (literally) 5 minutes from the beautiful beaches of Lake Michigan. The same beautiful beaches that I have been depriving myself of for the last 6 years now. Back when I graduated from high school in 2004 you couldn't keep me from the beach, I would skip class to be there :blushing: . Until I met my (now) husband that summer and quickly got F-A-T. I hit my highest weight of 230 on May 10, 2009, the day I gave birth to my beautiful daughter. Since that day I have been slowly but surely losing weight.
My husband said those dreaded words yesterday, "hunny, let's take Ella to the beach." Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Was I really ready to go to the beach after all these years?? I MOST CERTAINLY WAS :happy: ! I put on my swimsuit and we packed our bags and went to the beach. IT WAS FANTASTIC. I hadn't realized just how much I missed my old stomping grounds! There were hundreds of people, and you know what?? I didn't feel self-concious a single time! I wore my swimsuit with pride as I took my daughter out into Lake Michigan for the first time. I wouldn't change a thing that happened yesterday, getting to see my daughter play in the lake for the first time and grin from ear to ear was PRICELESS.
Today I weighed in at 162 lbs. I still have a waise to go, but I wouldn't trade where i'm at for the world. My husband even took a picture of me and my daughter in our suits and put it as his background on his phone and you know what??? That picture is ADORABLE! It's so nice to have some confidence back after all of this time :flowerforyou: .
My goal is to get to 145lbs and it will happened eventualy. I'm just happy to be happy right where I am today.

Good luck everyone, wheither you have a 150lbs or 5lbs to lose, it can and will happened if you just stick to it.

Replies

• MakeLifeBright
    Options
    That's wonderful!! :flowerforyou:
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! You go girl :happy:
  • drweist
    drweist Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow... thats so awesome!!! You've inspired me! Your daughter is beautiful! My daughter will be 15 this year, I still weigh more now than the day I gave birth to her, bummer to say the least! I'm 195 and want to be 165 in 3 months, thats only 7lbs a month, not an impossible goal. Thanks for the motivation!
  • adamsojh
    adamsojh Posts: 11
    Options
    That's great. Every time I take my 3yo son to our apartment pool, my gut is always in the back of my head. Then it makes me sad when I think about the great shape I used to be in when I was in the Marines and felt good to take my shirt off.
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    Great job & so inspirational. . .thanks for sharing that!! You've made me cry but in a good way. . .I can relate to some of those same feelings and I know how happy you must feel now :smile:
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Congrats and Kudos!!!! :) good work!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Amazing and inspiring! :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's great!!! :happy: Getting into a swimsuit is one thing for us girls, but showing it off...is a completely other thing!! So proud and excited for you! Keep up the good work!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Not just on the weightloss, but on finding your confidence! :flowerforyou: You will enjoy many more fun-filled days at the beach, I'm sure.
  • tissyazd
    tissyazd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Great story! I am glad you all had a great time!!
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Lovely story!
  • sandyvanderstelt
    Options
    Awww Melissa thats so cute!! So Ella liked the beach yesterday?? She didnt like it at all when I was there lol
    I'm glad you are happy :) Love you girl!
  • Ashl3yS
    Ashl3yS Posts: 64
    Options
    That is so awesome! Congrats.
  • Ashl3yS
    Ashl3yS Posts: 64
    Options
    That is so awesome! Congrats.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!