Food cravings

Options
Having been on a healthy eating mission since last November I've now lost 5.5 stone. Last night I went to a pizza restaurant with my family where I gave in to their hounding to have some pizza - I usually stick with salads when I eat out. I had 2 slices of thin crust veggie pizza and I have to say there wasn't much cheese - so not too bad I thought. But today, I am just sooooooo hungry!! I seem to be craving food and am desperately trying to stick to healthy, low fat, low sugar food but I could eat a horse (or every edible thing in the fridge, cupboards and drawers !!!) Is my pizza treat to blame I wonder?
:devil:

Replies

• megilbert
    megilbert Posts: 8
    Options
    This happens to me sometimes too when I give into a craving. Im not sure theres an exact right answer to why you are so hungry today, but this is what i think it may be....
    When my family convinces me to give into a splurge food, I always over compensate how many calories are actually in it. I try to find every way possible to keep the calories low...in your case you got 1. thin crust pizza 2. all veggies and 3. had not a lot of cheese.....So it could be possible that either 1. you actually ate less calories then you normally would with your usual salad or 2. salads are full of fiber and that can tend to make you feel full. The pizza probably had a bit less filling ingredients to it.
    But like I said....these are just my thoughts!
  • traybo
    traybo Posts: 10
    Options
    that does make sense and I definately wasn't as full after my two slices of pizza as I would be after a decent salad! Off to the gym and then back to my healthy eating I think!!
  • traybo
    traybo Posts: 10
    Options
    p.s thank you!