Has Anyone got Fitbit Flex

Options
Has Anyone got Fitbit Flex and if so, would you recommend it to other is it accurate.. I'm hearing a lot of negative feedback from it already. People are saying its not accurate and count speeds when you type.

I'm only after feedback about the FLEX

Thanks

Replies

• sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit which I really love. I was going to get the flex when it came out, but it does not have a digital display. You have to go on line to see your stats. As far as I am concerned, that makes it useless. My husband got a Nike fuel-similar product and it does have a digital display on it.
  • cals83
    cals83 Posts: 131
    Options
    I was going to get one but the reviews on Amazon changed my mind.
  • cally69
    cally69 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I am looking into getting one (had the fitbit ultra but lost it). I understand it can be used while swimming and I do around 3-4 hrs each week in the pool but will it calculate my calories burned while swimming??
    I didn't like the fact that the display isn't as detailed...even having the time on the fitbit ultra was handy as I don't wear a watch so I'm now unsure and will wait until I get more feedback on it's capabilities.
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I am also interested to know more about the flex. I currently use the fitbit zip and bodymedia. I love the bodymedia but I don't always like wearing it on my arm.
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I just got mine. I love it. Syncs just as easily as my Fitbit Zip. I have not had problems with it counting miscellaneous activities as steps. And since it's a bracelet, I have NOT accidentally thrown in into the washer machine. :happy:
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Picked mine up on Friday night. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!! I checked my exact stride length and then plugged the walking length and running length into the fitbit.com so it would be accurate and it seems to be doing really well so far! I have even showered with it with no issues.
  • aki7chien
    aki7chien Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Wired Magazine just released this article on the Flex: http://www.wired.com/reviews/2013/05/fitbit-flex/?cid=7738474

Lots of good info in there imo
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Wired Magazine just released this article on the Flex: http://www.wired.com/reviews/2013/05/fitbit-flex/?cid=7738474

Lots of good info in there imo
    [/quoteThanks! This was super helpful.
  • abettercheryl
    abettercheryl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just got the Flex today but I haven't used it enough to give a review on it. I do like how it syncs with my iPhone though. You can see a lot more in the app than on a tiny display anyway. I like how it looks though, it quite sleek and it looks almost like a watch. You can wear it while you sleep or shower so there's really no need to take it off except when it needs to be charged once a week. So far, so good!
  • ptheb1
    ptheb1 Posts: 8
    Options
    I got a flex yesterday from BestBuy. It syncs in the background using BT 4.0, so it does not drain my phone battery much at all. I am impressed so far. It is very light and easy to forget I'm wearing it. I got tired of switching my One from the clip to the sleep band, so this is an improvement. It seems just as accurate as the One, but I've only had it one day so far.
  • nzrocketman
    nzrocketman Posts: 30
    Options
    Thanks for the replys
  • duckiec
    duckiec Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for 3 days, and so far, so good. Seems to get a fairly accurate mileage count with my morning walk/runs, have no idea if the step counter is right, but I'm not showing steps when I'm sitting here at my desk, but does show some for my bathroom breaks.

My question so far, is if my calorie burn is to believed, as it's a bit higher than the TDEE calculators estimated, even at a more active level than I thought I was. I know, those are just ESTIMATES as is this device, but curious as to the margin of error.

I'm also a bit annoyed that MFP keeps adding "exercise calorie differences" between what MFP calculates for me, and what my FitBit says I'm burning. Not sure what to do with that... change goals to MFP standard? I mean, I can just ignore them, sure, but if I look at my diary I'm not sure if I REALLY have those calories (and should eat them when using the TDEE -20 method) or what.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    If they ever make a Fitbit Flex that goes on the ankle (and can be easily hidden under jeans/slacks) I might consider it. Being able to keep it out of sight is a requirement for any activity tracker I get.

I love the idea of being able to wear it 24/7 without worry of losing it. I don't like the fact that it does not have a way to view info on it but I've realized that I always have my iPhone with me & would be able to get the info that way. I am sure I'd be getting the info from my iPhone most of the time even using a Fitbit One (currently on my wish list).
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I have been wearing it for three days and sometimes i forget i have it on.

It seems accurate and syncs easy enough.
  • ddzubow
    ddzubow Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I was going to get one but the reviews on Amazon changed my mind.

Same here...total disappointment. I have the fitbit zip and have been extremely happy with it! I would highly recommend it.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm also a bit annoyed that MFP keeps adding "exercise calorie differences" between what MFP calculates for me, and what my FitBit says I'm burning. Not sure what to do with that... change goals to MFP standard? I mean, I can just ignore them, sure, but if I look at my diary I'm not sure if I REALLY have those calories (and should eat them when using the TDEE -20 method) or what.
    I went back into my goal settings and changed it to the MFP recommended setting at "sedentary." That way, I can eat back those calories that the FitBit says I can.

I have no idea if it's as accurate in the calorie counting arena yet, but I also set my stride length - both running and walking - to the appropriate length, so at least I know *that* part is accurate!
  • Livingdeadnurse
    Livingdeadnurse Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I just got mine. I love it. Syncs just as easily as my Fitbit Zip. I have not had problems with it counting miscellaneous activities as steps. And since it's a bracelet, I have NOT accidentally thrown in into the washer machine. :happy:

did you change your stride? or do you use the default stride?
  • deepindigo
    deepindigo Posts: 1
    Options
    It's been overcounting my steps. I can sit at my desk at work and rack up several hundred steps over the course of a couple of hours. My job is very sedentary: lots of typing but not a lot of other movement. It may be picking up on my typing for some reason.

I've also had it buzz on my wrist indicating that I'm very active... which it did as I pulled up to my house in my car.

I have a pedometer that I wear on my waist which is showing just under 1900 steps so far today; my Flex is reporting over 2500. I'm very disappointed with the Flex.
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I got my Flex for Mother's Day and have been wearing it since. I LOVE it! I think the step count is pretty accurate, but on the treadmill, when I am walking fast, it does miss steps (I get a shorter distance read out from the band than I do from my treadmill). That doesn't really bother me, though. The fact that it doesn't have a read out isn't a problem for me, as it syncs wirelessly to my iPhone, which is always with me, so I can quickly check at any given moment. I wear mine 24 hours a day, even in the shower. I really like the alarm feature, as well.
  • alphabetsoup2013
    alphabetsoup2013 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I work as a writer. The Flex gives me virtually no calorie burn for my sedentary hours -- including when I'm at my keyboard (which is pretty much anytime I'm not eating, sleeping, or on my treadmill). :-) I have been comparing its calorie burn (for activity) to that of my Polar Watch and HRM. There can be discrepancies if you look at things hour-by-hour, activity-by-activity (because the Flex is factoring in more than just your activity calories at any given time). But, at the end of the day, the calorie burn is pretty much the same, whether I measure with the Flex or the Polar Watch/HRM. I'm using them both in tandem: the Flex to motivate me to move more (I've doubled the length of my workouts since it arrived) and the Polar Watch/HRM (to allow me to continue to monitor the intensity of those workouts). The combo is working really well for me.