Broccoli Slaw

Options
I bought a bag of broccoli slaw because I thought it looked good, but I don't really know what to do with it. Anyone have any recipes they have tried and liked?

Replies

• jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on all the mayo that's typically in cole slaw, I like a little tang. I made this for a barbecue and I had a ton of people ask me for the recipe....

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=522091
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Oh, side note!! I couldn't find dried cherries, so I just used Craisins cherry-flavored cranberries.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on all the mayo that's typically in cole slaw, I like a little tang. I made this for a barbecue and I had a ton of people ask me for the recipe....

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=522091

I do something very similar. Broccoli slaw, shredded carrot, maybe some thinly sliced red onion. I mix 1 part oil (sesame oil is fantastic!) and two parts acid (I like lemon or lime juice) and use that as the dressing. I toss in some dried cranberries and some chopped apple for sweetness. If I have some nuts like cashews or almonds, I might put on a small amount of those too.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I put it on lettace and made it as part of my normal salad.
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I don't know the nutritional information, but I like putting a little of Newmans Asian Dressing, some slivered almonds, and a little bit of chicken...eat as a salad or put in a wrap.
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    The apple slaw recipe sound really good. I'll have to try that.
    I stopped by the grocery store after work to try to find some sesame ginger/asian dressing, but I couldn't find any. Well let me rephrase that. I wasn't going to pay nearly $5 for a small bottle. I'm sure they probably have some cheaper at another store, but I just stopped at the closest one on my way home. I made a huge grilled chicken salad for my dinner and I just put a little of the slaw on top of it and it was pretty good, but I think I will prefer it on it's on with some kind of acidic dressing. Thanks for the suggestions!
  • Caralyn
    Caralyn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Bump for dressing recipe
  • sherrie8929
    sherrie8929 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    There's also this that I use in my chicken stirfry. Don't know if it's what you're looking for though.

http://www.lawrys.com/Products/Marinades/Sesame-Ginger.aspx
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    Check out Hungry Girl - they use it a lot!! I wish they had it here in the UK - I go through loads of it when I'm visiting my mom in the US! Yum!!
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    That Asian toasted sesame sounds really good. I think that is exactly what I am looking for. Will have to see if grocery store has that one. Thanks!
  • MSMiss
    MSMiss Posts: 2
    Options
    You'll have to figure the calories for yourself, but here is my Broccoli Slaw recipe.

1 pkg Hot Ramen Noodles (break up the noodles)
    Toss with pkg of Broccoli or Cole Slaw
    Add 1/4 C Sunflower Seeds

Mix together:
    1/3 Cup White Vinegar
    1/2 Cup Splenda
    1/3 Cup Oil of your choice
    And the flavor pkg from the Hot Ramen Noodles

Pour over slaw, toss; place in fridge and let marinate over night.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    You could use it on fish tacos instead of cabbage?

Also, I've used broccoli slaw and added a little poppyseed dressing, crushed pineapple and nuts to make a sort of sweet cole slaw.
  • RockFarm
    RockFarm Posts: 2
    Options
    I am tying to watch carbs - so I love Broccoli Slaw instead of noodles for spaghetti. I just steam it in the microwave for a minute with a little water, pour the water off, and top with the pasta sauce. I think it is better than using spaghetti squash.
  • carilyn39
    carilyn39 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I use it in stir fry. i shred zuccini (sp) toss in a hand full of broc slaw some onion peppers sometims, peas, basically load it with what ever veggies i have on hand.