Favorite Pancake Recipes

Options
cococa
cococa Posts: 122 Member
Here's my new favorite:

Peach and Greek Yogurt Pancakes (Smitten Kitchen) - 3 servings, 3-4 pancakes per serving.

1 large egg
1 cup greek yogurt (or sour cream)
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup all purpose or wheat flour
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 peach or 1 can sliced peaches
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
Pinch of nutmeg
Butter or margarine for the skillet

Pre-heat oven to 250 and warm cast iron skillet on med-low heat
1. Combine egg, yogurt, vanilla, and sugar in a large bowl.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices in a separate medium bowl.
3. Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until there are no lumps. Don't over mix!
4. Melt butter in the warm skillet.
5. Spoon small amounts of batter into the pan with plenty of space between (they will grow as they cook).
6. Place 2 thinly sliced peaches on top of the batter.
7. Cook 3-4 minutes until the middle of the batter is bubbling and the edges are starting to look cooked through.
8. Flip the pancakes and nudge any escaping peaches back under.
9. Cook another 5 minutes until the peaches are caramelizing (browning) and the pancake is cooked through. Lower the heat if they are browning too fast.
10. Place the pancakes on a cookie sheet in the oven to set and repeat until the batter is gone.

I had to make it with canned sliced peaches (no peaches at the grocery store even though they should be in season in California by now). I also used regular all purpose flour and real butter. I'm sure you could cut it down from 300 cals/serving if you use a real peach and margarine instead. Enjoy!

Replies

• divone1
    divone1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Love pancake recipes, thanks for sharing:)