Spicey Baked Chickpeas!

Options
pipinana
pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
My husband saw these on the food network this weekend, and made them for me... DELICIOUS! =)

Ingredients

* 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* Pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
* Kosher salt

Directions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Rinse and drain the chickpeas and dry by rolling them around in a kitchen towel. Combine the oil, paprika cumin, cayenne and salt in a large bowl. Add chickpeas and toss to coat evenly. Transfer the chickpeas to a parchment-lined baking sheet and spread them out in a single layer. Bake until golden and crispy, 25 to 35 minutes, shaking the tray to toss after 15 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the chickpeas to a serving bowl.

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy! Do you know how many calories??
  • LingLing
    LingLing Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! Thank you for sharing
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    yum!!!
  • hannahlang85
    hannahlang85 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you I can't wait to try this out!
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    sounds great, i'm going to make it tonight :o)
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I saw the show too and was going to make these for a snack. I couldn't find Spanish smoked paprika at the store though, just regular paprika. I don't know what the difference is but i'm going to try them with the regular paprika.
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    becka - we used regular paprika... it was fine =)

I think it's about 150 cals/half cup... I haven't figured it out yet! *blushing!* ;)
  • MissAmandax
    Options
    Mmm this sounds delish! I'll have to try it out, I love chickpeas! :happy:
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!!
  • Allieballie
    Allieballie Posts: 102
    Options
    This is a popular Trinidadian snack as well :) My mom used to make it for me all the time. She'd add curry powder, lots of cumin, garlic and even some hot pepper :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I've only ever had chickpeas in hummus and I just happened to buy 2 cans FOR hummus and have another can in the pantry so I may try this recipe this week since I'm low on food!
  • Taka75
    Taka75 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That sounds really yummy! Thanks!
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    yummmmmmmmmm bump
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Mmmmm thank you>>>>>>>bump!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I finally made these last night because it was my only protein option in the house...and oh ... my... gosh. I couldn't keep my hand out of the bowl! THEY ARE SO TASTY!!!!! I halved the recipe so it made 2 servings. I'm having the rest for dinner. I paired it with a baked potato just with butter & parmesan cheese. I ate the chickpeas by themselves (as in not in anything) but I think they would be GREAT in a salad. I'm going to have to make this a staple. Seriously, they would be great in a casserole or anything. I can't believe I've never had chickpeas by themselves until now. I'M HOOKED!!!! I forgot to take a picture but when I reheat them tonight, definitely will!