Burning fat

Options
Sweettart
Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
I need to lose 60 pounds to get to my goal weight. I carry most of my weight in my mid section and wondering what burns more fat cardio or weights?

Also, hoping to starting working out twice a day. What workout is better to do in the morning?

Replies

• movu101779
    movu101779 Posts: 27
    Options
    I always hear to do both. Cardio burns calories but having muscle burns more calories while doing cardio. At least that is what I hear. Maybe do weights 2 times a week cardio 5 times a week?
  • Elisirmon
    Elisirmon Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    both cardio and lifting they compliment each other.
  • jmach002
    jmach002 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You should do both! Try BodyRock in the am before you eat breakfast (the workouts are free online, just google it and they only take 15mins) then rotate cardio and strength training in the afternoon. Remember try weight-bearing cardio like (running or stair climbing to help increase bone density and muscle growth)

Good luck I hope this helps!
  • tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Both are important. You should definitely incorporate strength training with cardio. And do your cardio after your strength training. When you lift weights, you can actually continuously burn calories for up to 24-48 hours after your workout. But the important thing is to always push your body to its limits. You won't get anywhere constantly lifting light weights.

Here is a website that can give you more information. I hope this helps!

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/the-ultimate-weight-training-workout-routine/
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!