When is the best time..............

Options
when is the best time to weigh myself? I want to be consistant on the times but I dont know if I should do it in the morning before I eat or wait until the evening after i have eaten throughout the day. i want the reading to be accurate. Thanks

Replies

• anikab
    anikab Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Always weigh yourself in the morning after you've gone to the bathroom but before you drink/eat anything. that's when I weigh myself :)
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Do it first thing in the morning on the same day of the week before you eat and after you go to the bathroom
  • hannahlang85
    hannahlang85 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You should weigh yourself once a week the same day at the same time. It is best to do it in the morning before you eat and after you have "relieved" yourself. I try to keep it every Sunday when I wake up :)
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Always weigh yourself in the morning after you've gone to the bathroom but before you drink/eat anything. that's when I weigh myself :)
    Me too. And I do it on Fridays, because it is as far away from the weekend as possible (I tend to slip sometimes on weekends).
  • CoachJ77
    CoachJ77 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    when is the best time to weigh myself? I want to be consistant on the times but I dont know if I should do it in the morning before I eat or wait until the evening after i have eaten throughout the day. i want the reading to be accurate. Thanks

First thing in the morning if you want to like what the scale says :) If you eat pretty much the same things day in day out, just the same time of day is second best.
  • shawnalmil
    shawnalmil Posts: 137
    Options
    and by bathroom i would suggest POOPING
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Me too. And I do it on Fridays, because it is as far away from the weekend as possible (I tend to slip sometimes on weekends).

I weigh in on Monday mornings for this very reason - keeps me more accountable over the weekend.
  • greenteadaily
    Options

I weigh in on Monday mornings for this very reason - keeps me more accountable over the weekend.

I'm considering weighing myself Monday AND Friday for these reasons.

If I see Friday's (generally lower) weight, it CAN help me motivated through the weekend, but not always. But if I know that I'm also going to weigh myself on Monday...I think that would help.
  • TerrieClarke
    Options
    Morning is the best time, about the same time every day, or at least once per week, after your toilet routine. Daily fluctuations can reflect water retention.
  • mathiese
    mathiese Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm a Personal Trainer and I say "Weigh yourself in the mirror", throw away the scales! However If you must weigh yourself bear in mind that you will be approx 3-4 pounds heavier in the evening compared to that same morning, so weigh yourself at the same time everyday to avoid any discrepancies. But seriously throw away those scales!!! Good luck!!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I'm a Personal Trainer and I say "Weigh yourself in the mirror", throw away the scales! However If you must weigh yourself bear in mind that you will be approx 3-4 pounds heavier in the evening compared to that same morning, so weigh yourself at the same time everyday to avoid any discrepancies. But seriously throw away those scales!!! Good luck!!

Only problem with using the mirror as a guide is that because people lose their weight, on average, gradually, some of them do not notice the pounds here and the pounds there disappearing.

I remember losing a lot of weight many years ago and to be honest, 40lbs lighter, I would look in the mirror and still see myself as I was. It was the scales that eventually gave me the truth, that and my husband telling me to stop the diet now :wink: