Graze Box

Options
Has anyone signed up for this? Thoughts? Favorite snacks?

My first box is coming this week. I signed up to get them once every two weeks. So for $10 a month (plus 1st and 5th boxes free) I figured it would give me some nice variety in snacks to look forward to. At $1.25 a snack it isn't the most cost effective thing ever, but it is also a fairly low expense to have a healthy treat to look forward to every couple weeks. I chose the "light" box, where all snack choices are <150 cals.

Replies

• bad_hair_bear
    Options
    I'm in the UK, and I get the light boxes every week. I really enjoy them - I know some people think they are expensive for what you get, but personally I enjoy the variety. It also encourages me to try new things I wouldn't have thought of before. I get a box delivered to work on each Monday, and have 1 punnet a day as a mid-morning snack. For me, they're great value.

Favourite snacks - don't know if they'll be the same in the US, but my favourites are the olives and the savoury punnets with mini breadsticks and crackers and things like that.
  • Bunya123
    Bunya123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have yet to try them but I love that it is portion controlled. For me having a smaller (albeit slightly more costly) package is worth it in the long run.
  • moodyfeesh14
    moodyfeesh14 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Meganrae09 can you send me qn invite to it
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Delivery is ****ng awful. Boxes arrive up to 2 weeks late (if at all.)
    Portion size is very small for the cost. Some items are -massively- more expensive than grocery store costs for similar.
    Consider for a moment that a 'punnet' is $1.25. You might get a couple little crackers in it. Or a few almonds. If you figure out how much it's costing you per oz... it's a **** ton. :)
    There's .15 to .30 worth of food in each punnet. That's 15 to 30 cents retail.

I asked them if they had any near term plans to solve the delivery issue. I was advised by their customer service to cancel.

So I did.

PS - the box I was billed for second week of april showed up TODAY.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I've been getting NatureBox snacks for the last three months and I LOVE THEM. I highly recommend their stuff and their selection.
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Graze Box annoys me. :angry:

There isn't a single nutrition label anywhere on the website. How am I supposed to evaluate with no ingredients, no info, nothing? :explode:

I have food allergies. I NEED to know what is in something before I order it. Grrrr
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I just checked out their website and ti said I need an "invitation code" to get started :(. How does one get that?
  • GetSoda
    Options

There isn't a single nutrition label anywhere on the website. How am I supposed to evaluate with no ingredients, no info, nothing? :explode:

I have food allergies. I NEED to know what is in something before I order it. Grrrr

Um... every single food has a 'full ingredients' list hyperlink attached to it.

in fact, there are filtering options for various food allergies...

For example, if you click on 'after dinner mint' you are presented with:

mint infused raisins: raisins, natural mint flavoring blanched almonds: almonds dark chocolate buttons: cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, natural vanilla
    contains soy and tree nuts
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options

mint infused raisins: raisins, natural mint flavoring blanched almonds: almonds dark chocolate buttons: cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, natural vanilla

Awesome, that's great to know! However... I honestly can't find the filters of which you speak. When I go here: http://www.graze.com/us/products/browse I see categories of products on the left such as Dips, Flapjacks, etc. If I click on a single item I do find full nutritional info now (I swear it wasn't there when they first launched!) but I can't find out how to filter for allergies. Do you have to be a member and log in to do that? Is that hidden from the curious public?
  • Lambchoplollypop
    Options
    I'm in the UK and am on my third week of Graze boxes! I love them so far!

For me the pros are:
    - Being encouraged to eat tasty snacks containing nuts and seeds - I've tried buying bags of nuts and seeds to snack on and they always end up at the back of a shelf.

- The variety! you can pick from low cal snacks to snacks high in fibre and minerals, or fruit mixes which count as one of your 5 a day.

- Being able to eat snacks such as their flapjacks, their Graze Brownie or their mixes with a little chocolate; they are portioned and usually made with a healthier recipe.

-Buying the Graze box, means I buy less snacks when I shop, therefore I'm in less danger of binging

The cons:

- the price - whilst I can afford it, I'll enjoy it, but I am more inspired to make interesting trail mixes now! I do split some of the punnets into two portions, if I can, to make the snacks go further.
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I really like graze.

When I'm between meals and I'm feeling too tired to make a proper snack having a graze punnet available is really handy, You can even scan the barcode on the front of the punnet with the mfp app, so it's really nice when you are tracking your intake. Not everything is 100% healthy but most of the time it is, and you can bin anything you dont want.
  • GetSoda
    Options

Awesome, that's great to know! However... I honestly can't find the filters of which you speak. When I go here: http://www.graze.com/us/products/browse I see categories of products on the left such as Dips, Flapjacks, etc. If I click on a single item I do find full nutritional info now (I swear it wasn't there when they first launched!) but I can't find out how to filter for allergies. Do you have to be a member and log in to do that? Is that hidden from the curious public?

it was on the bottom right if i remember. Like 'Gluten Free' or 'Nut free' or whatever. I saw it before I had joined.
  • Dales88
    Dales88 Posts: 3
    Options
    I LOVE graze boxes, especially the really strict one! That said, I like that I could change to a nibble one if I felt like a treat! Here's my code for anyone who wants a free box :) VCP7HZ4A
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options

Same reason i've not ordered from them.
  • smirf1972
    smirf1972 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love graze boxes, it's a great way to try new or more healthy snacks, some of the foods i've never tried before. It is expensive but the variety makes it worth it.
  • 708Vivian
    708Vivian Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like them. In the UK the delivery has been really good for me so far and I like the variety.

If anyone in the UK wants a free box to get started here's mine - http://www.graze.com/uk/p/7CVZVWR

... and the breakfast box 9VTGGNH, I think you have to be a member already to join that one though.
  • wendimlee
    wendimlee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Anyone have a US code they'd like to share? Please?
  • 708Vivian
    708Vivian Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just saw this on Twitter, its' for the kids box

graze.com ‏@grazedotcom 21m
    Excited for our new goodybox? Just for today, our followers can use CX3Q79W at http://graze.com/kids to try 1 free!
  • knotbox
    knotbox Posts: 1
    Options
    For anyone who wants a free 1st and 5th box in the US, I assume Wendimlee already got one, here's mine: P7M75MT7B
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Delivery is ****ng awful. Boxes arrive up to 2 weeks late (if at all.)
    Portion size is very small for the cost. Some items are -massively- more expensive than grocery store costs for similar.
    Consider for a moment that a 'punnet' is $1.25. You might get a couple little crackers in it. Or a few almonds. If you figure out how much it's costing you per oz... it's a **** ton. :)
    There's .15 to .30 worth of food in each punnet. That's 15 to 30 cents retail.

I like it, but I agree that it is expensive. you can get similar products at a local store like Whole Foods, Fresh and Easy, or Spouts.