You know you went to a lame high school when...

Options
suv_hater
suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
- you were called "ghetto" for using No.2 pencils
- the senior prom queen was a 6/10 at best
- the library computers only had Microsoft Encarta
- there were 2 types of kids: white kids and white kids who were into heavy metal

add on

Replies

• DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    When the halftime show done by the marching band was more popular than the game, and so were the people in it.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    When people brought their farm animals in to make a petting zoo for the elementary school
    An entire class argued with you on how to spell "tomorrow" because they thought it was spelled "tomarrow," and when you find the correct spelling in the dictionary, they say "Well, the dictionary is just wrong!"
    There's a drive your tractor to school day
    Out of 88 students total in your class, 10 are pregnant or have pregnant girlfriends and you're freshmen.

yeah, I went to a really lame school!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    When people brought their farm animals in to make a petting zoo for the elementary school

We had an FFA petting zoo once a year...
    An entire class argued with you on how to spell "tomorrow" because they thought it was spelled "tomarrow," and when you find the correct spelling in the dictionary, they say "Well, the dictionary is just wrong!"

HAHAHA I got in an argument with my mom and sister about that... :ohwell:
    When the halftime show done by the marching band was more popular than the game, and so were the people in it.

Yeah, marching band was the "cool thing" in my high school, and was also the only thing to win any awards. About 10 of us from my graduating class went on to study music in college, too.
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    didnt everyone go to a lame hs?
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    When your school has 5'10" 240 lb white forward starting on the basketball team...
  • What316
    What316 Posts: 563
    Options
    We don't have high school in Ireland and if someone is mean its out the back for a punch up teachers included first knock out wins end of problem
  • Mommylicous
    Mommylicous Posts: 121 Member
    Options

This was my school lol Sad, really.. cause I was in the marching band, and we all sucked pretty bad.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    We don't have high school in Ireland and if someone is mean its out the back for a punch up teachers included first knock out wins end of problem

As a 5'10" 180 lb 12 year old, I would have loved this...
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    didnt everyone go to a lame hs?

^^^ this
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Out of 88 students total in your class, 10 are pregnant or have pregnant girlfriends and you're freshmen.

This really takes me back. At our 8th grade graduation, we had 125 students. At our high school graduation, we had about 80. The majority of those who dropped out did so because they got pregnant sometime during high school. I lived in a really small town without a lot of entertainment options... I guess people found some though.

Oh, and I had a teacher who said he felt sorry for anyone who didn't spend their childhood playing with cow pies. I was the only one in class who never did that. It was awkward. :ohwell:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I had the best time ever in high school, so I can't think of anything lame about it...except that we still had a cinder track when EVERY other school had all weather tracks. It was embarassing when we had home meets and it was painful when tripping over a hurdle and ripping apart your knees/legs/hands/arms on it.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options

I once argued with a group in one of my classes about how many states the United State had. They were convinced that there were 51 (they said when Hawaii was added it made 51 total).
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Our FFA had Donkey basketball one year....actually that's what made my HS awesome..
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options

I once argued with a group in one of my classes about how many states the United State had. They were convinced that there were 51 (they said when Hawaii was added it made 51 total).

People in my high school thought that Hawaii and Alaska were close to one another. They gave me this face :huh: when I told them that Alaska was closer to Russia than the US. YAY, GEOGRAPHY!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Teachers could throw desks at students, take pictures under girls skirts with their cell phones, and have sex with students all without getting fired.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Teachers could throw desks at students, take pictures under girls skirts with their cell phones, and have sex with students all without getting fired.

Oh the good ol days..
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options

Yep, happened in mine too. One of my teachers was the reason I stopped wearing low-cut shirts.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options

Yep, happened in mine too. One of my teachers was the reason I stopped wearing low-cut shirts.

Yepp, same here. One guy married one of his students, who got caught giving him a handy in the parking lot BY THE PRINCIPAL, and wasn't fired because she was 18.

They are divorced now...guess the novelty wore off.

Also, 88 students? My class was 344 people, lol. So you know it's lame when people feel like they have to gawk at/give handys to teachers because there are just that many worthwhile guys in your school...I was totally guilty of gawking at one, he was only like, 24 and soooooo hot. :love: He still is...
  • CheriLMT
    CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
    Options

I was a proud band geek! It was a great experience, lots of friends, different cities every weekend, and I was in great shape because I was in color guard....and we were really good
  • DalekBrittany
    Options

I was a proud band geek! It was a great experience, lots of friends, different cities every month, and I was great shape because I was in color guard....and we were really good

Yeah, I was in band too. IDK why everyone assumes that band geeks don't get any, 'cause most of the people in our band humped like rabbits. "A band that sleeps together, wins together." --our unofficial motto.