You know you went to a lame high school when...

Options

Replies

• william622
    william622 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    when you have metal detectors and school security/police
  • GaBoy72
    GaBoy72 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Shoot! My high.school was awesome.!!

....except for the whole teachers tryin to teach you stuff
  • Brianna72994
    Brianna72994 Posts: 887
    Options
    -Theres only about 400 people in the whole school and everyone knows each other's business.
    -Your grandmother went to the same school, same building many years ago and it still looks exactly the same.
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    When people changed the school name to include the word"gay"
  • carlialjim
    carlialjim Posts: 27
    Options
    When your freshman class had about 1200 people and your graduating class had less then 500..Yeah we have a high drop out rate..
  • leejusd
    leejusd Posts: 81
    Options
    Drive your tractor to school day. Its a real thing up here.
  • mortyfit
    mortyfit Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    110 people in the ENTIRE school. And it was a K-12 school. Graduating class was all of NINE of us.
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    Not allowed to wear hats inside, guys not allowed to wear muscle shirts/wife beaters, not allowed to wear French connection sweaters (strong WTF?), water bottles not sold in the school, but coke, sprite, and other soda- no problem.
  • IamBlackMamba
    IamBlackMamba Posts: 229
    Options
    We don't have high school in Ireland and if someone is mean its out the back for a punch up teachers included first knock out wins end of problem

This is just awesome.
  • avondaleklr
    avondaleklr Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    When your school only won two football games out of the four years you were there.
    :L hahaha
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Our FFA had Donkey basketball one year....actually that's what made my HS awesome..

It was the dirt brought into the gym that made it awesome.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Not allowed to wear hats inside, guys not allowed to wear muscle shirts/wife beaters, not allowed to wear French connection sweaters (strong WTF?), water bottles not sold in the school, but coke, sprite, and other soda- no problem.

I get the hat thing and the muscle shirt thing (where I'm from it was just a respect thing/looking respectable thing) but the rest is like...what?
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    When the halftime show done by the marching band was more popular than the game, and so were the people in it.

That sounds like an epic high school I would have loved that.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    4 towns went to it, and there were only 500 people in it.

The matching Band had to play Field Hockey Games, and Soccer Games (boys and girls)

Field Hockey was more popular than Football.

The dog to play ToTo in the drama play cost $3,000 for a professional acting dog.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    1) As a freshman, there were almost 300 kids. At the start of 12th grade, there were less than 130.
    2) Our varsity football team won less than 8 games... in the 4 years I was there.... TOTAL! (Just checked; they were 2-8 last year... sounds about right!)
    3) Our school had the highest percentage of African-American students in the entire city (e.g. 1 white guy in my grad class), and yet had the worst boys varsity basketball team EVERY YEAR... BY FAR! (Just checked; they're 4-1 so far this year; MUCH improved!)

*ETA: Not just my high school, but citywide dress code (all grades) forbade boys from wearing shorts (even in late spring) or sweatpants unless for gym class or sanctioned sporting event.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    My mascot was a unicorn. Awesome school, but good golly...
  • Bel0602
    Bel0602 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    When the school's mascot was really the janitor
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    -Theres only about 400 people in the whole school and everyone knows each other's business.
    -Your grandmother went to the same school, same building many years ago and it still looks exactly the same.

My aunt had one of the same teachers I did and she was 50 at the time I was taking the class. LAME!
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    We only had a few computers at our school and it was a 1987 circa Apple and some Tandy TRS-80's... and our band was so "cool" they played Run DMC "You be Illin" during half-time!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    When your freshman class had about 1200 people and your graduating class had less then 500..Yeah we have a high drop out rate..

Our school had the highest teen pregnancy rate of the area. That was pretty awesome (I was among the small percentage who were not pregnant.)