Fitbit FLEX, or Jawbone UP??

Options
2»

Replies

• khelm31
    khelm31 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am looking into both of these myself. I had a fitbit one and liked the features, but I often forgot about it. I would have it on my bra or pants and when they came off, it would too. I sold it on ebay, and am now looking into the flex or jawbone. I have a desk job and I want something more visible to remind me to move, so the bracelet format would accomplish that for me. I like the features of both. The one thing is I don't think the jawbone syncs with MFP.
  • alkencka
    alkencka Posts: 10
    Options
    I purchased the FitBit Flex, after owning the ultra & one. The arm swinging causes issues, if you hold onto a shopping cart, you may not get your steps counted. I did have my iphone on while pushing the cart and the steps did increase, but I don't think all the steps were counted.

Regarding the Jawbone, I think the biggest drawback for me is it doesn't sync via bluetooth, and since Jawbone Up and Bodymedia are now one company, I think i will wait to see if they come out with a merged fitness gadget.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Jawbone just bought Bodymedia. The reality of the data on the Bodymedia Armband is really good compared to FitBit. I'm hoping they don't loose that with the merger with Jawbone. Lots of people want the look and feel of something like Jawbone though since it seems more like a piece of jewerly. But I can't see that it has true direct skin contact like BodyMedia so I would question its data validity as I do with Fitbit. You might want to wait a bit and see what Bodymedia will come out with now that they are under Jawbone. I know they were doing some research on a bracelet style that would be as reliable has the armband.
  • anasantos61
    anasantos61 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have a jawbone and it does contact directly with the skin. I had a Body Media and always questioned the calorie burn it always seemed too high to me. It also tracked my car ride to and from work which is 90 minutes so it gave ne 90 minutes of activity.
    The Body Media had me burning between 2500 and 2700 calories a day the jawbone is usually around 2350.
  • AllisonConnell1301
    Options
    I was planning on waiting for the fitbit flex to come out to buy, but I discovered the jawbone up a few weeks ago and bought it instead. I have been using it non-stop and love it so far. I haven't had any problems.
    I have it synced with MFP and Runkeeper..works great! It tracks my sleep pretty well and the vibrate feature to wake me up works great as well. I think that sometimes the steps can be a little off, but you can't really expect anything to be perfect. For me it does what I need it to do.
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit One and I can tell you nothing will beat FitBit's customer service. They are absolutely amazing. They offered to replace my $100 device when I thought I lost it, no questions asked (I found it so told them not to bother).
  • rgtalbot
    rgtalbot Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not sure which one is best today, but I know my wife loves her fitbit one. Also, jawbone just recently announced that they actually bought bodymedia. So the next project out of the combined efforts of the Jawbone and BodyMedia staff should be rather impressive. But you'll probably have to wait a year at least before they put something together.
  • charcoalb
    Options
    I would have to agree that the customer support for the Fitbit is outstanding. The holder for my fitbit one broke and I would have been more than happy to buy another however they sent one free. To Australia and it arrived the same week. They are very supportive. They upgraded me (free) to a fitbit one when my fitbit ultra had a problem. While I'm interested in the Jawbone Up fitbit's service means I will go for the flex when I change.