In need of recipes for dinner

Options
Hey, I'm looking for some simple dinners. . I don't have a lot of time to spare so they can't be complicated.
Thank you !:smile::smile: :smile:

Replies

• TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I'm hung up on the need for a dinner of 350 calories. What is your calorie goal per day??? And no, I'm not gonna slam you if it's 1200 because I lost most of my weight doing 1240/day. But I ate a lot more than 350 calories at dinner time. You can barely get a decent serving of protein in with a small salad with low fat dressing for that.

Oh. So the answer is, "no", I don't have any.
  • hugsy85
    hugsy85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you want - follow me on pinterest. I have a bunch of easy recipes that might be just what you are looking for:

http://www.pinterest.com/hugsy23
  • brazilnut05
    brazilnut05 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    When I'm in a pinch (and still want to be healthy) my good-to entrée is fish. I'll coat salmon filets with lemon pepper and garlic powder, then bake or cook them in a skillet. My go-to healthy side dish is fresh, steamed broccoli or green beans. If I'm feeling really lazy, I'll buy the fresh broccoli that comes in a bag, and all you do is pop it in the microwave for a couple minutes and it steams right in the bag! Super easy clean-up. You can also make a side of rice, but that takes around 20 minutes.
  • brazilnut05
    brazilnut05 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That should read, "go-to entrée" not good-to. Ha
  • leantonedliz
    Options
    - 3 egg (or 2 egg with 1/2 cup egg whites) omelet with spinach and onion (cook the onion and spinach first, then whisk the eggs and pour on top)

- 1 1/2 cups black beans with lotsa salsa and a side salad or veggies

- 1 cup rice and 1 cup canned soup (the healthier kind like amy's brand or health valley)

- burrito bowl (throw together beans/cheese/chicken/lettuce/salsa/tomato/guacamole/sour cream, and you can even put it on top of a salad to make it more substantial) (just be aware of portion control)

- grilled chicken and veggies with a side of rice
  • ellejay1214
    ellejay1214 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If you have time on the weekends (or just one day a week), I like to make up two cups of quinoa in 3 cups of veggie broth, and then saute together cannelini beans, spinach, tomato sauce, zucchini, bell pepper, onion, and whatever other veggies you want. It's packed with protein because of the beans and quinoa, but it's also low in fat. I have enough quinoa for six servings, so i eat one and then dish out five containers of quinoa and veggies. That way if I'm in a pinch for lunch or dinner, I have a quick microwave meal with no preservatives. One serving is 220 calories, so if you want to add more lean protein you can grill a fish filet or a chicken breast too. I like it with smoked turkey sausage as well.
  • deathbypretzel
    Options
    I'll cube a potato or two and boil it in some water and a teaspoon (or half) of Better than Bouillon vegetable stock base. Easy, comforting, cheap, and low cal if you go easy on the potato. You could easily add in some pre-cooked chicken a minute before you take it off the stove if you wanted more protein, too. I tend to eat all my greens earlier in the day, but you could have a salad on the side if you wanted. While the vegetable stock base is pretty heavy on the sodium, a little goes a long way.
  • sharondbosley
    Options
    take two swai fillets(fish) season with season all. garlic powder, thyme. add 1 tsp of butter, add 1 tsp of water. bake at 200 for 10 minutes.

place raw broccoli florets in a bowl add hellman"s olive oil mayo, garlic powder, thyme, savory, parsley add raspberry balsamic salad dressing and mix well.
  • bmurney
    bmurney Posts: 1
    Options
    When I'm really short on time I make brown rice and sprinkle it with Lowry's seasoning for some flavor, then steam some broccoli to go on top of it. Super easy! Obviously not the most flavorful, but it gets the job done. Let me know if you try it and what you think!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    You can check out my blog on here, it's not private so you don't need to friend me to see it.

I have breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert recipes...mostly low calorie and easy to make! I have a bunch posted, and I will be posting more this week!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Just before I leave the house in the morning, I will throw either pork or chicken in a ziploc with some low fat italian dressing, just let it marinade all day.

When I get home I throw it on the forman grill with a little BBQ sauce, then will either roast veggies with a little EVOO and garlic or steam them and away I go.... total cooking time is about 15 minutes, good and healthy. You get your protien, a little fat and it is quite satisfying. If I need a little extra I will toss a potato in the microwave too.
  • namastejul
    namastejul Posts: 4
    Options
    Soups are so easy and can be so filling! Last night, I threw some frozen spinach, peas, asparagus, roasted jalapeno, carrots (basically whatever I had in my fridge!). I cooked in down with chicken stock and half a can of cannelini beans to make it creamy and put it all in the blender. I added frozen shelled edamame, some cilantro, the other half of the beans and a drop of sour cream once I returned it to the pot. Made some chicken for my husband, and a nice green salad and it was super filling soup and salad dinner. And clean up? I put some soap and water in the blender, gave it a whirl, rinsed it out and that was that!
  • Manda_Mae_B
    Manda_Mae_B Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I signed up with emeals. Each week, they send me a list of 7 dinner receipes along with a shopping list. They tailor the list to what's on sale that week, so I spend roughly $40-$60 on dinner a week. I follow the "portion control" plan and dinners are no more than 300 calories/serving. For example, last night we had sugar glazed pork chops with garlic roasted carrots. Only 291 calories. (If you're doing the "points" system they even give you the points.) My husband and I have enjoyed everything so far. They also have breakfast and lunch plans. I signed up with a groupon, I don't know if they still have that available.

It's emeals.com

Hope that helps!
  • karolinaisfat
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips, much appreciated