COOKIES....Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo : (

Options
Someone brought in cookies to the office. Not just any cookies, but two tubs of Costco cookies. You know the ones I am talking about right? The moist, soft, gooey ridiculously buttery chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin and white chocolate/macademia nut cookies.

Of course, I've had 4 already. That is about 800 calories. :grumble: I'm bumming right now. It's like, I understand treating myself every now and then, but binging? I just stuffed my face with 4 large cookies two minutes after finishing a healthy lunch.

It just makes me feel bad about myself. :sick: and my obvious lack of the willpower that Banks so eloquently elaborated on in his post a few minutes ago.

Replies

• AlliOops
    AlliOops Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Someone brought in cookies to the office. Not just any cookies, but two tubs of Costco cookies. You know the ones I am talking about right? The moist, soft, gooey ridiculously buttery chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin and white chocolate/macademia nut cookies.

Of course, I've had 4 already. That is about 800 calories. :grumble: I'm bumming right now. It's like, I understand treating myself every now and then, but binging? I just stuffed my face with 4 large cookies two minutes after finishing a healthy lunch.

It just makes me feel bad about myself. :sick: and my obvious lack of the willpower that Banks so eloquently elaborated on in his post a few minutes ago.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about it...We all succumb to temptation once in awhile. What's done is done, now all youi can do is force yourself to burn off those extra calories and not eat another cookie! You can't erase having eaten the cookies, but you can get out there and be active and burn some of them off :smile:
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    I FOUGHT THE LUNCHROOM COOKIES YESTERDAY!!!!!! EVERYONE TOLD ME TO PICTURE THEM BEING SNEEZED ON OR SOMETHING NASTY LIKE THAT. It works! YOU CAN DO IT!!! DO not allow yourself to go near that room again!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. No matter what I tried I had no will power. No matter what I couldnt stop myself... I always binged etc. But now I don't... I look at it one day at a time instead of a life time etc. If I can make through just this one day, and then the next etc. And so far that has helped me a lot.
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options

Just find a way to be active today......watch strictly the rest of your intake and do some extra cardio!!!! Don't beat your self down....Lift yourself up!
  • aladuke26
    aladuke26 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I just got back from lunch with my mother-in-law and had no will power to step away from the italian bread and oil. I had about 4 or 5 pieces! I am so mad at myself right now! I don't know how to control myself!:cry:
  • AlliOops
    Options
    I FOUGHT THE LUNCHROOM COOKIES YESTERDAY!!!!!! EVERYONE TOLD ME TO PICTURE THEM BEING SNEEZED ON OR SOMETHING NASTY LIKE THAT. It works! YOU CAN DO IT!!! DO not allow yourself to go near that room again!

That is an awesome idea! Thanks JLauren :laugh:

And I am going to kick some serious cookie butt in Spin Class tonight!
  • AlliOops
    Options
    I hear ya. I just got back from lunch with my mother-in-law and had no will power to step away from the italian bread and oil. I had about 4 or 5 pieces! I am so mad at myself right now! I don't know how to control myself!:cry:

Dude, that bread and oil can be so delicious! It is just so hard to refrain sometimes. But how about this: Lets make my cookie debacle and your bread and oil extravaganza our one splurge for the next 4 days? Then we can regroup in 4 days and discuss our newest binge and lament together :tongue: :wink:
  • Wizzle
    Wizzle Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better... last night after dinner I was soooo hungrey when I got done cleaning the kitchen that I took a fork and ate right out of the left over pasta bowl. I added 670 calories to be exact to yesterday's food. I was so mad @ myself. I just couldn't help it. :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options

Having a hungry day today......this post brings :noway: Johnny Carino's to mind....hot bread, ~sigh~ dipping oil, garlic..........
  • Kbrain228
    Kbrain228 Posts: 78
    Options
    Just exercise some tonight and it will be okay. Like you said just be really good for the next 4 days and it will make up for your temtation today! You can't be perfect everyday so stop beating yourself up!
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Sometime I think I am sabotaging myself. I start the day off well then in the afternoon, I let myself have one treat. I don't even do that badly later, just enough that I can't feel that I am on track. I am doing well enough to maintain but not to lose. Reasons I have thought of

- if I commit a whole day I am actually on board and have to work at it.
    - I am so overloaded with kids, job stress and husband stress that I don't really want to make it
    - I feel a little overweight but everyone says I look ok (I have gained 10 lbs in the past year)
    - My husband likes me to look good and maybe I am rebelling

Any way, sorry to unload on you all but I keep reading the inspiration on the site and hope I can make it through one day with no sabotage then worry about the next one :happy:
  • AlliOops
    Options
    kwelshw,

You can do it. Sometimes I totally feel the same way. Especially about only having to lose 10 pounds or so. But everyone says the last 10 pounds are the hardest. We are never going to drop 5 pounds in a week like some of the other MFPers. So it can be really frustrating.

Thats why we get so down on ourselves, its like every little bite counts more for us or something. But it really is the same for everyone. And think about it, once we lose the weight, we can go on a maintenance calorie schedule which is like 500 more calories a day!! :bigsmile:
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Thanks! So far no afternoon snack! Just posting made me feel like I had to buck up and do it!

Plus I am about to win the fight to get myself out the door and go for a run!

Hope you are winning the battle against more cookies! Have fun at spin class.
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I am going to kick some serious cookie butt in Spin Class tonight!

That'll teach you. You just think tonight when you butt is on fire after spin class if you'll ever touch those cookies in the breakroom again! :laugh:
  • AlliOops
    Options
    I think posting here is very cathartic. Its so much better to post then to go eat those damn cookies.

So thanks everyone. I think we've turned this day around :wink:

And studentRN you are too funny!