Hello! (newbie)

Options
Hello! I am a college student worried about the freshman 25 I put on this year. *sigh*
I became such an emotional binge eater, and now I'm putting my foot down to make some changes now that finals are almost over.
My binges were frantic and the sheer amount of food I would consume is beyond scary to me and my family.
I think that by going back home, I can really turn things around for myself and fall back into healthier habits.

I made this account a long time ago, and I want to actually pursue my goals and ultimately succeed.
I feel like in order to do this, I need to create a community with other people looking to end up at a healthy place.
Feel free to connect with me and I will do the same with you! (I'm not completely sure how this works, but I will learn)

I wish all of you the best of luck achieving your goals as well! =D

Replies

• blackbird167
    Options
    I'm only want to lose a couple of pounds but my main goal is to tone up and start eating healthier :) you can add me if you want :)
  • maxinesmith09
    Options
    Hi there, well you have made the first big step to achieving your goals; that is being honest with yourself and identifying you own the problem and that sheer over indulgence is the cause. Most of us have the same story of gorging, over indulgence, comfort eating, boredom eating etc. At the end of the day, our stomach is the size of a small fist, you only need to consume a meal the size of the inner of a small side plate (not a dinner plate) and we need to control the carb, sodium, sugar and fat content of what we put into our mouths. This myfitnesspal is a fantastic tool to monitor and educate us on what we are eating and the impact that our food will have on us. I do this with the 5:2 eating plan, which is brilliant. Just my first week now and dropped 6lbs (2kg 721.55g) already which makes me so happy. The key now is to keep things up and not over-do it, be realistic and make this a lifestyle change and not a diet. Good luck with your plans and your goals, I look forward to seeing less of you (in size) but more of you (in communication) on your progress :) Well done for taking the most important step so far.
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: hello! it seems that during stressful times it is really easy to put the pounds on but a little harder to take them off! it sounds like you are ready to do this! i have sent you a friend request! i would love to help you with support & encouragement! i have lost 70 pounds since last june so as you can tell i take this seriously! i am on here several times a day & i try to answer all my friends (300) everyday! i would love to add you to my friends list!