Need a buddy ( or two)

Options
I'm trying to lose 50+ lbs and have no support at home. My husband just thinks it will be another failed attempt and I am determined to prove him wrong. If I had a few friends to join me in this journey I think I would get where I want with out getting discouraged. My starting weight was 185 and I have already lost 12 lbs since I started getting serious. Anyone want to help motivate one another?

Replies

• santd
    santd Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    HI ya, I would like to be your buddy, and help you achieve your goal. I know the feeling your going through, been through that myself. If you go on my profile you can see my before and after pictures ....... and believe me I've lost and GAINED weight four times in my life (over 10 stones (140 pounds) each time). Each weight gain putting more weight on.

This time, on this journey I started off at 336 pounds, I'm now 153 pounds...and its taken me 21 months to do it. Yes there's been weeks when I've not lost anything, that's when you need the support, and the will to keep going. I'm happy to help.

I really got stuck on the last stone (14 pounds), so I joined this web site to help me get the last bit off. I must admit if I do manage to get to my target weight of 139 pounds, then it will be the FIRST time in my life, I've achieved a target, as I usually give up before then, as the last bit is the worst.

Regards Dawn
  • alehundrah
    alehundrah Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I can be your buddy!!! I know what you're going through. I feel like I am by myself when it comes to losing weight. My sisters are pretty thin and I feel like they can't relate to what i'm going through. All my dad does is criticize.
  • SarahLou1111
    Options
    Definitely! I'll send you a request...

You'll get there, do it for you, don't let anyone else's opinion matter or get you down :-)
  • p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'd love to help you on your way, I've lost 65lbs so far, just trying to shift the last 28 or so now. Feel free to add me :)
  • Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    Options
    I too had little support from family which is why I turned to MFP.
    The motivation and support as well as interaction with friends in MFP is so important as we are all here for the same reason. CHANGE!

Go get as many friends as you can manage to help with accountability and general support.

They will help you stay positive during your journey and through "ups and downs" (which we have all had).

Oh, and also have some good fun as well. lol
  • crissy_percival
    crissy_percival Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    add me
  • Danishaeg
    Danishaeg Posts: 14
    Options
    I'll add you. Everyone needs support and MFP is a great way to get that support.