Help?! Not enough food/calories!

Options
Babarrosa1
Babarrosa1 Posts: 98 Member
Hey everyone!

I'm finding it really hard to come up with ideas to come up to even a minimum of 1500 calories and my aim is really 1800 on rest days with up to 2100 on workout days (I'm on a heavy lifting programme so I really need those extra cals!).

My issue is that the only thing I can ever think of it nuts to boost up my calories, but they always throw off my macros (esp my fat).

Any ideas?!

Replies

• Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Increase your fats
    example :1tbl spoon olive oil is like 120cals (depends on olive oil) . Add in nuts , eggs , cheese etc..
  • dpollet2
    dpollet2 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My go-to snack for when I need a few more calories is fat free greek yogurt or natural peanut butter on whole wheat toast. Usually not enough calories is not my problem though!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Yeah, healthy fats are the way forward. I make my own salad dressings and mayo (total calorie bomb and so tasty), use coconut oil, butter, eat bacon, whole eggs, nut/seed butters, full fat dairy, etc.

If you need more carbs, sweet potatoes are good--you can load them up with whatever sounds good, but I have mine with a bit of butter or coconut oil and some cinnamon. If you need more calories you could top them with a bit of soured cream, greek yogurt, whatever. Oatmeal with a spoonful or two of nut butter? Ice cream? :love:
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Yeah, healthy fats are the way forward. I make my own salad dressings and mayo (total calorie bomb and so tasty), use coconut oil, butter, eat bacon, whole eggs, nut/seed butters, full fat dairy, etc.

If you need more carbs, sweet potatoes are good--you can load them up with whatever sounds good, but I have mine with a bit of butter or coconut oil and some cinnamon. If you need more calories you could top them with a bit of soured cream, greek yogurt, whatever. Oatmeal with a spoonful or two of nut butter? Ice cream? :love:
    IIFYM . ;)