Wristband calorie counter?

Options
I was considering getting the Fitbit flex until I realised it's just a pedometer. I do kickboxing-style exercise mainly rather than walking/jogging, so am not sure if this is right for me. I would really like a wristband I can wear all day and forget about which will tell me how many calories I have burned.

Does such a thing exist? I know about the MyBase but it's not available in the UK.

I had a chest band but lost it - and could not get it to stop slipping down :(

Replies

• Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've heard often its recommended you get a heart rate monitor with a chest strap, as it tracks your heart rate more effectively than a wrist pulse monitor.
  • trudiedurbridge
    Options
    Ive been looking for exactly the same thing!"!! I have a watch but I need to press the sensors to pick up my heart rate so I'm not sure how accurate that would be, as it;s at different levels throughout my workouts! If any one knows of one I'd like to know too !! :)
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda sold on the fitbit flex...
  • roseymacdoo
    roseymacdoo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Sorry can't help but interested in the replies as I'd like something similar, cant be doing with a chest strap!

Rosey x
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    The fitbit is more of a pedometer, so it will not track your kickboxing very well. For that you need a good HRM with chest strap. I suggest if you can swing it to have both. I wear my fitbit 24/7 and a HRM during my workouts. HRMs are not designed to wear all day.
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    Options
    The fitbit is more of a pedometer, so it will not track your kickboxing very well. For that you need a good HRM with chest strap. I suggest if you can swing it to have both. I wear my fitbit 24/7 and a HRM during my workouts. HRMs are not designed to wear all day.

This. I have both, but find (since walking is my exercise) my fitbit one calculates my burn very accurately. I frikkin love my fitbit; it's way more than just a pedometer IMO, it's my external motivation!
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    ^^ this. I do Tae Kwon Do and the Fitbit (I have the ultra) is crap at tracking the calories burned during class. Get a good HRM, with a chest strap. I have a Polar FT4, which I got off eBay - have a look around, you can get some great deails.
  • GrabacrPD
    GrabacrPD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Used to have a Nike FuelBand (was used and eventually broke) and I find as a tool you make you want to walk/be more active it is great.

It gave immediate feedback and everyday would give me the motivation to be more active to the extent of going for a walk at 10pm just to get to my daily target.

Now I feel I dont need it because I know I need to be more active but it is ideal for someone just starting out in my opinion
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Used to have a Nike FuelBand (was used and eventually broke) and I find as a tool you make you want to walk/be more active it is great.

It gave immediate feedback and everyday would give me the motivation to be more active to the extent of going for a walk at 10pm just to get to my daily target.

Now I feel I dont need it because I know I need to be more active but it is ideal for someone just starting out in my opinion

I love my nike fuel band, my husband loves his fitbit... The only thing we find we get a lowere reading on is when we do the stationary recumbant bike... But it logs my yoga and barre workouts just finw