Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Strength Training not added for calories burned?

gatty5
gatty5 Posts: 4 Member
Hola community!

I am new, as of one week, and I am curious why strength training does not show calories burned, only cardio activities show this feature. Am I doing something wrong? I worked out with my trainer for an hour today and I would like for it to count! Any input would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Replies

• ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    You can find in the cardiovascular section, a database of exercises. Scroll down to "strength training, weight lifting/weight training" and then put in the information (bodyweight, time of workout, etc.). It'll then give you an estimate of calories burned. Welcome to the community! Hope you find some success with your fitness and nutrition goals!
  • gatty5
    gatty5 Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you Chris! I found it. Not many calories burned but I want whatever credit I can get! I have never tracked calories before, but so far, this is pretty easy. Easier than points! Looking forward to making changes.
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    It is not a lot of calories, but it helps get the foundation looking good.
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    ivIts hard to tell how many calories are burned from strength training. Also considering everyone is different it's also hard to give a single number that would account for everyone.
  • don3rd1981
    don3rd1981 Posts: 8 Member
    I believe when you put in how many days you work out in a week it's already calculated in there so you shouldn't need to track that. The days exercise determines what activity level you're at. At least that's what it looks like when I compare my math with the myfitnesspal calculations.
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    I believe when you put in how many days you work out in a week it's already calculated in there so you shouldn't need to track that. The days exercise determines what activity level you're at. At least that's what it looks like when I compare my math with the myfitnesspal calculations.

Which is why I set mine up to say I don't workout. There are weeks I get in 4 2hr sessions, and weeks where life prevents that.
    I like having my calories planned for non-workout days, and then when I can get to do them I'll eat for them.