Tattoo

Options
Anyone looking to get inked as a reward or something to remind u of the journey you've taken? if so, what are u getting?

Replies

• katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I've gotten one tattoo at the 50 lb mark covers my chest. Three flowers.
    When i get to 135 (11lbs away) I'm going to get one under my boob that says something about loving myself
    Otherwise i got piercings to celebrate those other weight loss milestones
  • redheadedgal
    redheadedgal Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Mine is my profile picture. I got mine for my first 25 pounds so I can keep moving on and farther down the line. I have two more, but this one is by far my favorite.
  • MsVlyn
    MsVlyn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Not inked, but I plan to get my belly button re-pierced with a jewel I've had for years. I originally pierced it years ago, but ended up taking it out. Now, I think my transformation warrants the return of the pretty charm. :smile:
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    In my profile pics you can see the two possible tattoos I have planned for my back between my shoulder blades. I just cant decide which I want. The more stylized one or the more intricate and colored one.
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    In my profile pics you can see the two possible tattoos I have planned for my back between my shoulder blades. I just cant decide which I want. The more stylized one or the more intricate and colored one.

I vote colored one
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    In about a month, I am going to get a tattoo to represent my journey and the support I get from my husband and daughter.
  • Thorbjornn
    Thorbjornn Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I have one ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ, ancient Greek for "Come take them", a term of defiance. I want another ancient Greek phrase used by the Spartans Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ, "Come back with your shield or on it" (lit. "either this or on this" referring to the shield). The Spartans never gave up in battle. They either won, carrying their shields home or they died fighting, carried home on their shields, dead.
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    @genialynn35 Love your tat, that's beautiful.

I got my 1st tattoo recently to mark 20lbs lost. It's not very big so an ideal starter tattoo. When I reach my goal size (not sure what that weight will be) I plan on getting a larger one dedicated to my kids on my side. That will be at a point where I'm happy to show it off without breathing in!
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I am going back and forth over what design. But when I get to my final goal weight, I have a large piece that I am having put down my right ribcage.
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I've gotten one tattoo at the 50 lb mark covers my chest. Three flowers.
    When i get to 135 (11lbs away) I'm going to get one under my boob that says something about loving myself
    Otherwise i got piercings to celebrate those other weight loss milestones

I got pierced for my 10&15lb marks as well! Final goal will be a large piece on my ribcage! :)
  • PopCorn_Said
    PopCorn_Said Posts: 119
    Options
    I have two... My first i got when I was 17, my mommy chose it because she was diagnosed brest cancer- it is a seahorse and I love it. It is now 12 years old and looks all faded, but I am not touching it because it would be a different tat and it would mean smth else.
    The second is a hammer head shark. It is done in polynesian style and it symbolises the warrior. It was done when my mom was finally declared cancer free.
    Tomorrow I am getting my last ever. I always promised my mom I would stop when i turned 30 and it is happening. This one is going to be big and on my back... I am even thinking about getting it coloured!
  • Snatched614
    Snatched614 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have one ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ, ancient Greek for "Come take them", a term of defiance. I want another ancient Greek phrase used by the Spartans Η ΤΑΝ Η ΕΠΙ ΤΑΣ, "Come back with your shield or on it" (lit. "either this or on this" referring to the shield). The Spartans never gave up in battle. They either won, carrying their shields home or they died fighting, carried home on their shields, dead.

Loves it!
  • sdbart
    sdbart Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I just got my leg tattoo done not for the weight loss but for my journey through life, so far. I have The Tree of Life with my "monkeys" boys in the tree. My first furrbaby, Georgia, looking up and watching over my boys. Surprising that since I got this done. I feel more confident and like I am able to do anything for myself. I think that this tattoo is what I spiritually needed to heal some of my mental scars and help be work harder at becoming healthy for my boys.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options

Loves it!

I love it too. I'm a history buff. Big fan of Leonidas and his bravery. Michigan State fan too.
  • Snatched614
    Snatched614 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I just got my leg tattoo done not for the weight loss but for my journey through life, so far. I have The Tree of Life with my "monkeys" boys in the tree. My first furrbaby, Georgia, looking up and watching over my boys. Surprising that since I got this done. I feel more confident and like I am able to do anything for myself. I think that this tattoo is what I spiritually needed to heal some of my mental scars and help be work harder at becoming healthy for my boys.

Love it....
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I have a whole folder filled with tattoo ideas. I won't live forever. This flesh won't be forever, so I might as well personalize it while it's here. My first was a ballerina from the Edward Gorey story "The Gilded Bat."

Next will be a quote from the Rozz Williams song "Flowers," amidst a background of cabbage rose Victorian wallpaper making its way into brambles, then a field of poppies.
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have one that says LOVE (the "O" is a red heart) on my wrist but I got that before this journey. After it I was going to get stars on my lower stomach, but I think now I will be getting "Dream" with stars on the word and around in color.
  • seths_milf
    seths_milf Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I definitely want some sort of flower design across my lower stomach, once it gets a little more toned. :blushing:
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    At 300, I am going to get my pi tattoo that I've been wanting forever. At 200, I am going to get 395, my highest known weight, tattooed on my wrist, so I never forget where I once was.
  • Khisalandra
    Khisalandra Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I already have two tattoos, received before... but I'm definitely planning on a steampunk butterfly when I get to my goal. :)

I also got my nose re-pierced when I climbed Bishop's Peak the first time and made it all the way to the top.