Ladies who lift! Suggestions for gloves?

Options
Hey gals!

I've been heavy lifting for about two months now and I would really like to get some good gloves. I love to lift but I don't love the abuse on my hands. I am in marketing and shake hands a lot. lol Anyone have any that they love?

Replies

• desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I bought mine at Walmart, I think they were Gold's Gym or whatever, they work well. They have sizes small to large, small was the best fit, and they are comfortable. No need to spend a lot of money on gloves.
  • iheartwhitetea
    iheartwhitetea Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Giro cycling gloves that I also started using for lifting. They've been working really well! Originally I was going to buy a separate pair, but I couldn't really find any "lifting gloves" that I liked or fit me well, and these seem to be dandy. If you don't find lifting gloves you like, take a look at cycling gloves. They are a similar style, padded, and are designed for holding handlebars - not so different from barbells! -- Plus they look cool, which is a good bonus =)
  • thatblueyedchic
    thatblueyedchic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :-)
  • cw822
    cw822 Posts: 107
    Options
    Harbinger Flex-Fit Ultra (comes in both non-wrist wrap or with wrist wrap)....got mine off of Amazon. Love them!
  • CatMcCheesey
    CatMcCheesey Posts: 143
    Options
    I bought a pair of Nike gloves at Target for $12. They were the only ones I could find locally that came in extra small. They're comfortable and they do the job.
  • sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I have some Harbinger FlexFit that have held up really well. I'm still on my first pair and I've been lifting a year or two.
  • EmmieChunk
    EmmieChunk Posts: 13
    Options
    Mine are Nike womens lifting gloves.
    love them.
    they werent expensive - £6.99 uk price
  • Susan_fessler
    Susan_fessler Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I use Under Armor gloves, I really like them. I go them at ****'s for $20.00. My husband uses the same ones.
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Everlast - Evergel hand wraps.

yhst-134305379045565_2259_18700043

They're meant to be hand wraps for boxing/MMA, but I find they double up as awesome lifting gloves. Come in size XS as well, which I need cos I've got small hands.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    build callouses- skip the gloves.
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    build callouses- skip the gloves.
    I agree with JoRocka, but understand your concern given' your role (I am in a similar field). I use it as a conversation starter- it helps me weed out the insecurities in people. :wink:
    I did buy a pair to help with my grip (thin as I could get from Walmart), and ended up ditching them for chalk and embracing my callouses.
  • missADS1981
    missADS1981 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    personally i dont like gloves. my callouses are my trophies :)
  • hagofnaedre
    hagofnaedre Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Nike has some gloves that I've been enjoying. They're light and not too bulky on my hands.