For those who ''eat clean''

Options
124»

Replies

• Sam3622
    Sam3622 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Have a look at my diary! I am currently carb cycling on a really clean diet :))
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    For me, clean eating is nothing highly processed or artificial, with as few additives or preservatives and as close to natural state as possible.
    That means: meats, homemade bread, oatmeal, eggs, tofu, beans (dried, not canned) and grains, certain dairy products (cheeses, yogurts, butter), fresh vegetables and fruits, homemade baked goods.
    It also means doing my best to steer clear of commercial breads, sweets, and prepared foods, and only buying if they have no polysyllabic additives that I can't pronounce.
    My list contains several items that might have some say "Oh, THAT'S not clean eating!", such as white flour and dairy. As you can tell from this thread, clean eating means something different for everyone. Make your own choices.
  • KimberlyAndrews1
    KimberlyAndrews1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm still a work in progress. I can't afford organic and I can barely afford to eat clean, it's so expensive. Not to mention, I am far from being a chef or great cook for that matter. I'm trying to make small changes a little at a time. Right now I have a Green Smoothie for breakfast, then a hard boiled egg for snack (also for protein), then for lunch I eat whatever I want, usually a sandwich or something in small portions. I have Kellogs Special K Cracker Chips for afternoon snack, then dinner I sometimes have a salad and dinner is usually a meat and two veggies. I use Olive Oil to cook in and try to bake or broil most of the time. And I just try to eat in moderation. And all I drink is water all day, except for two cups of coffee in the mornings. Work in progress for sure. I'm just trying to do it slowly so I don't get bored and overwhelmed. It's got to be simple for me.
  • drinknderive
    drinknderive Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - smoothie (spinach, kale, broccoli, carrots, blueberries, strawberries, tofu, coconut water, and flax meal)

AM Snack - Cranberry, raisin, almond trail mix

Lunch - Mixed greens salad with assorted vegetables, sprouts, and black beans. Topped with Louisiana hot sauce. Celery and hummus

PM Snack - Wasabi peas or whole wheat toast with nut spread

Dinner - Quinoa, black beans, tomatoes, onions, salsa verde, and a dab of light sour cream