30DS (LADIES) - Help! I think I ripped my..... :)

Options
pwen1988
pwen1988 Posts: 17 Member
Got your attention, didn't I?! :laugh:

But on a serious note : I did day 2 of the challenge yesterday. Everything went great. But when I got into bed, I felt this strange (and a bit painful) sensation in my lower abdomen.
I had a c-section about 2years ago. Could i have possible hurt this incision? Or is this just normal workout-pain? I guess I'm just wondering if it is possible to hurt the incision this long after the time.
The rest of my body feels fine, no pain at all, but i guess this is due to the fact that I was used to doing Zumba, and it eased me into 30DS.
Any ideas ladies?
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Is there a lot of ab work in it? Sometimes if I've done intense ab work, my muscle soreness feels almost like menstrual cramps.
  • pwen1988
    Options
    Yeah, there's quite a bit of ab workouts. Mine feels like menstrual cramps as well. I just thought it was a bit strange being isolated to this one spot, coincidentally close to the incision.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I have never had a C-section, but I have had abdominal surgery. It was a really, really long time ago (appendectomy when I was 13). I feel like at 2 years out, I was way past being completely healed, with only a huge scar to remind me. It may be that you're just still a bit tender there and ab workouts may make you 'feel" it more, I can't remember if I ever had pain or tenderness in that area later on. Granted, it's been 22 years! I would just sort of keep an eye on it, and chalk it up to an intense ab workout.
  • pwen1988
    Options
    Thanks JenM xxx