40 days and nights challenge

Options
Okay... so I have been gone away for a while. I am starting a challenge for myself. If you would like to try this challenge, feel free to join! So, here is the challenge....

1. No fried foods, sweets, or sodas
2. Exercise at least 30 out of the 40 days
3. (Hardest one for me) Log food and exercise for at least 30 of the 40

Reward: Buy myself that study lounge chair I have been wanting.

I know some of you can't do the sodas part... I am the same way with my coffee....but try a drastic reduction or something.
I am starting this challenge Sunday, July 24, 2010 and Day 40 will fall on Septemeber 2, 2010....

Choose a reward for yourself. Please dont make the reward food-unless it is a special dinner out. I have found that if we work towards food, it defeats the purpose. Good luck everyone! And good luck me!

Replies

• cjderamo
    cjderamo Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion.......I'm going to join you!!!!
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    I'll try. I may exercise less though because I was wanting to just diet for a little while before i start exercising. I do not want to overwhelm myself.
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    I'm in!!

Shhhhhhh! Don' tell my hubby who works for CocaCola!

.:drinker:
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Yay.... so exicted to have you ladies with me!

Cj- Glad to have you.

Jessica- No problem... I tend to go hardcore, but whatever works for you is what we want you to do! Good luck.

ODonna- I wont tell ... haha
  • malisha313
    Options
    count me in too!

I'm going to try and stick to this, I lost 5 lb of the 32lbs I need to lose, then I put on 2lbs as I slacked in watching what I'd been eating!

I'm a soda addict so It'll be hard, but Ive made a start by cutting down how much I drink..

By the way does anyone know how many calories you need to burn in order to lose weight??
    I read somewhere you need to burn between 700 - 1000 calories per day to lose weight.. I'm burning about 500 so far.

PS.. feel free to add me as a friend
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    Options
    Malisha- First off, so glad to have you! I am not sure how many calories you need to burn to lose weight. It all depends on what you eat that day. You should never go under 1200 calories though. That is your food calories - burned calories should never = less than 1200. Just try to stick to what your MFP recommended calories, fat, carbs are and you should do fine. Not all foods are created equal though... 210 calorie candy bar is way way way worse for you than a 210 calorie snack of peanut butter and bread or frozen yogurt and fruit.

I cut out sodas completely about 4 years ago and lost 19 lbs... that was the only change I made at that time! Of course it was not by choice to give up my sodas... they caused my kidneys to shut down and doctors ORDERED me to stop drinking them! I still falter every now and again though... but giving them up will give you big rewards! ( I used to drink 5+ a day-eeks)
  • bethany_jurries
    bethany_jurries Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I am totally in!!!! This is just what I need! I am going to add you as a friend and we need to keep at it!! I am soooo excited! I was just saying how I need something to kick me into gear! I am going to challenge you to work out every day!! You can do it! Just think how you will feel when it is all accomplished!! 40 days is nothing! You can do it and so can I!!! Lets go!!! :-)
  • bethany_jurries
    Options
    A couple of tips for curbing the sweets is jello- sugar free 60 calorie cups and sugar free gum.
  • Breathe_Glamour
    Options
    Whew! You're laying it on thick aren't ya? LOL...I'm all in - sounds like the perfect challenge to lose weight & feel great.
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    Options
    Bethany and BGlamour- Glad to have you!

I am going to try to work out 35 days, but I am going to consider it a success if I only get 30.... I am leaving room for sore days and Sundays for days of rest... plus that is the only day that both myself and my hunny are off.
  • bethany_jurries
    Options
    Bethany and BGlamour- Glad to have you!

I am going to try to work out 35 days, but I am going to consider it a success if I only get 30.... I am leaving room for sore days and Sundays for days of rest... plus that is the only day that both myself and my hunny are off.

I understand! That is great!

Does everyone have a goal weight or size they want to be when the 40 days are up?
    mine is to but under 200 by september 2nd
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    This sounds like something to help me get my butt back in to gear!
  • malisha313
    Options
    Does everyone that's doing this challenge come back to this thread for
    encouragment, support, check - in's, tips etc??

I'm going to aim for 30 days of working out, but with my little one up most of the
    day and no-one to babysit him because he's so fussy it'll be a challenge!

Good luck to everyone who's doing this challenge : )
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    Options
    Okay, so far this morning I am off to a good start food wise. Feel free to check my diary if you ever want.

Bethany- I just weighed myself for the first time in about 3 weeks... and I am up from my "CW" so I am going to change that right away. I currently weight 173.4 (after breakfast) I hope to be at least 165 by September... Goal is 1.5-2.5 lbs a week. Doable!

Sweetie- Glad to have you... that is exacatly what it is for me!

Malisha- That is what I plan on doing. I know that if others hold me accountable then I tend to push myself more. I have had small children "exercise" with me before! Even if it is just walking around the neighborhood to pick flowers or something. Lots of up and down walking and such... if you have no other options.
  • bethany_jurries
    Options
    Today was crappy. I forgot all about the challenge lol! I was at church and they had cookies and I took a bite then my fiance reminded me! :-) AHHH! well I am kinda lost on what is fried foods and all that. I had a BLT today... My main goal is to stay away from sweets and soda! Those are my huge issue. Thanks for starting this challenge!
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    Options
    Bethany- no worry, just start over today and go one day longer.... Whatever parts of the challenge work for you, go for it.

I am going for all of them so that it is a real challenge for me. So far sticking to it pretty good. Gonna try to get in some kind of at home exercise this afternoon. Plus I have to clean out some stuff for my MIL's garage sale. Good luck to everyone today!
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    Options
    So far, today has not been an inspirational day. I was so strong yesterday.... Well, I got 3 bits of good news, so I decided to be very good and go to the deli and get the lightest lunch I could in this itty bitty town. Ordered the turkey on flatbread hold the mayo with a cup of tomato garlic soup. It comes with a bag of chips which I did not eat... Well, I get my order back to my office and find a note that says "Thank you so much for your continued support of this small business. Please accept this as a token of our apprectiation. " Attached to two cookies. How could I not eat them after that sweet hand written note???

So, needless to say, I am already over in every area for today. I plan on attacking those calories tonight with some Shaun T. I want to get as close to my goal as possible!
  • fitnessgal13
    Options
    I'm in! I'm not a big soda drinker to begin with, but it's the sweets that kill me!! I really am trying to get that tooth under control. Am excited about this challenge to do so.
  • bjenegiles
    bjenegiles Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love it!! I will start TOMORROW!!! We can do it!!! I'm NOT really a soda drinker BUT lately I have been heavy on the sweets. Go figure. I love this idea. I am ALL in Girlie!!!
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    Options
    Yay... my girl is here! Miss you Brigetta! I have a problem with the salty foods the most! (there in lies the fried part of the equation) I have been eating sweets a lot lately....

Didnt do too bad today even with the cookies.... No cookies tomorrow, more fruit and veggies :D