FitBit Flex versus UP

Options
I am wondering which one you all recommend. From my own limited research it looks like only the Flex syncs with MFP.
Also I am VERY interested in the sleep functioning as I am always tired.
Please help. What do you know and what do you recommend?

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I have the UP. It doesn't sync with MFP. I didn't like that I had to clip the fitbit onto something. It seemed like a pain to me to keep track of when I changed clothes quickly for the gym. Also, having to clip it onto something at night didn't work for me. Having it on my wrist is more convenient for me.

I wrote the paragraph below to someone yesterday.

"I have had my UP for a while now. It's a good tool for tracking my activity and knowing where I am during the day so I can plan my food accordingly. It has some neat features. I have mine vibrate if I have been sitting for longer than an hour so I know I should get up and walk for a few minutes. I also use it as my alarm when I wake up since my husband and I wake up at different times sometimes.

I don't use the food part of it. The sleep tracker is spot on and a great feature. It also has a cool power nap feature that will wake you up once you have been in a deep sleep for a certain amount of time. All in all, I enjoy it. The calorie counter seems to be consistent too. It's nice to know if I was extra active that day so I can have an extra snack or something without feeling bad about it. I haven't used a fitbit before. The main drawback for the fitbit was having to clip it on to something at night. It's easier to have it on my wrist and the Nike Fuel doesn't have the sleep feature. "
  • Hadley_SM
    Hadley_SM Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The UP band does now sync with MFP (which is amazing and about damn time!)...my one and only complaint that I have about the UP is that it does not sync wirelessy to your Iphone or Ipad. I wish it was Blue-tooth capable. Otherwise it works like a charm!!! Genius really.
  • KaylaBushman
    Options
    I am planning on getting the up... It now syncs with MFP.

It is also compatable with more devices, the Flex doesn't sync with too many android devices. I have an android device and the UP syncs with it where the Flex doesnt.

Other than that they are both quite comparable in my opinion.

Flex is cheaper...
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I have the UP. It doesn't sync with MFP. I didn't like that I had to clip the fitbit onto something. It seemed like a pain to me to keep track of when I changed clothes quickly for the gym. Also, having to clip it onto something at night didn't work for me. Having it on my wrist is more convenient for me.

The FitBit Flex is a bracelet just like the UP. They are pretty new, so it is likely there won't be much data yet. I plan to try it out and I will let you know! I like my FitBit One and the fact that it is hidden away, but the bracelet style appeals in some ways too.
  • kender54
    kender54 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I bought my Flex on Saturday, so my knowledge is limited by just a couple days use. I have not used the UP nor did I research it, so I can't say anything about that. so far, I have found that the syncing with MFP works great for me, I keep getting added calories (just a couple hundred or so) which is motivating even though I don't eat them back. I have also set the alarm to wake me up in the morning and to remind me to take my medication, and it just vibrates on my wrist when its time. I wasn't sure I would like that, but I find it works really well. I went for a 4 mile walk on Sunday, and when I got back, fitbit did approximate my distance to 4 miles. So far it seems to be pretty accurate. When I do additional exercise, I can just log it in to MFP with the start time (which didn't come up for me as an option until I hooked my fitbit account to MFP) it replaces my activity over the walking activity on fit bit, so my calorie calculation overall stays pretty true on MFP. And the Flex is just a wee bit cheaper than the Up (and I'm pretty excited about getting 3 different colored bands once they become available).

My one problem is that it can't sync to my phone and I'm home so rarely that it doesn't sync too often, so I don't get a true read out of my activity through out the day unless I'm home for the day. If Fitbit gets the app issue worked out so it can sync to my Motorola Android phone, I will be ecstatic.