Hid the scale-LOVING IT

Options
NJL13500
NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
I finally did it. On Sunday night I asked me fiance to hide my scale and BodyMedia. I was weighing everyday and letting that stupid thing dictate how I felt about myself. I'd lost 105 pounds from my highest weight and wasn't able to maintain it. It was too low of a weight for me personally. I was able to maintain it for 3 months and then weight slowly crept back on. I know what you are thinking...she just got lazy and fell off the wagon and gained weight. So what? NOT a success story at all. I wore my BodyMedia and weighed and logged my food. I had an average of a 500 calorie deficit every day. But the weight would not go down.

But....although I used to weigh 127 and I now weigh between 136-140 on any given day, my clothes still fit. I started weight lifting and training for a half marathon and I put some weight back on and I STRESSED about it. My arms have gone up 1/2 an inch (biceps and forearms). My calves and thighs have gone up 1/2 an inch each. My waist has stayed the same as well as my hips. I've added an inch around my shoulders.

I know it's not all muscle weight and I'm sure some is water retention (I have sodium issues), and heck some might be fat, but so what? I am 5'6" tall and almost 43 years old. I am sitting here typing this in size 0 American Eagle jeans. All of my pants are between a 0-4 (depending on the brand).

So scale...eff you! I'm done. I'm going to keep logging and measuring and maintaining a clothing size. I've never been happier. It was seeing pictures of me in a mud run on Sunday that did it. I looked at those pictures and thought where do I think 10 pounds is going to come from?

Be brave and ditch the scale for a bit. Best NSV for me to date. :-)

Replies

• heartofviolet
    heartofviolet Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It takes a lot of courage not to let the numbers on the scale dictate how you feel about yourself--let alone to throw it away altogether. :) I'm so happy for you! Congrats on your awesome NSV!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!