50 pds gone ...whoot whoot!!!

Options
misslmarie28
misslmarie28 Posts: 11 Member
I met my husband in 2002, and at that time I weighed 172. Through the years I put on a 50 pds..I weighed 222. I was a different person. I didn't have any energy, my self esteem was low and I didn't look like the women he fell in love with. Although it was not fair to him...he never said a word. I went on so many fad diets..and nothing worked until the past year. I decided to stop the fad diets, and make a lifestyle change. I started eating clean, and working out 6 days a week. Little by little, my body started changing and the weight started to fall off. My husband was so super supportive, and decided to join in on the lifestyle change. I am so happy to report last week I finally hit one of my goals. I have finally taken off that 50 pds I put on over the years. WHOOT WHOOT!!

Although, I am not where I want to be..I'm definitely on my way..and will never look back.

Replies

• eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! That is a huge accomplishment!! I hope I'll be joining you at my own pre-spouse weight soon. ;)
  • fite4it
    fite4it Posts: 3
    Options
    that's GREAT!!!
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Lotusstarr
    Lotusstarr Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Awesome news! Great he's so supportive! You're a lucky gal!
  • LSHANDREW
    LSHANDREW Posts: 39
    Options
    ^ this is also why I am trying to lose weight. I don't want to be the wife that let herself go. he deserves to have the girl he wanted 8 years ago. Thankfully my husband is a saint and has never said anything negative about my weight.
  • SolamenteYo
    SolamenteYo Posts: 10
    Options
    That's awesome! Way to go!
  • shred2013
    shred2013 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Congratate! Never look back..that's great.
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!
  • kizzyb1977
    kizzyb1977 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Let me start by saying congratulations! I know its a lot of hard work but it will definitely pay off in the long run!
  • dognamedpig
    dognamedpig Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It's a great accomplishment to have inspired your husband to join you. Great job on sticking with it.
  • vmckinzey
    vmckinzey Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on achieving such and amazing goal! Keep doing what you're doing!
  • Bic2178
    Bic2178 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Make sure you celebrate with a new outfit!
  • amymaytay
    amymaytay Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great job, keep up the good work!
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!!!!
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! The end is in sight. If you find your motivation waning, go to your profile page and look at that ticker. 21 pounds is a walk in the park!
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Don't you love a supportive spouse. I think wedding vows should be changed to say "in biggness and in smallness"
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    A huge round of applause to you ..... enjoy your healthy new life :drinker:
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Thats brilliant well done
  • nsage1
    nsage1 Posts: 8
    Options
    Congrats,

You should be very proud of your self. Stick with it you would be amazed on what you can do.

When I met my husband 17 years ago I was a whooping 96 pounds, I was also only 14 years old. I change my lifestyle three years ago and started at size 18 and 207pounds. When I started I thought I would be happy just getting into a size 12, then I got down to size 9,8,6,4 ...my final size was 2 and 119 pounds that was 88pounds lost and I did it in 1 year. I was amazed at what I accomplished. Now I have gain a lot of weight back but I'm changing my life for good this time...:)
  • heartofviolet
    heartofviolet Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Way to go, girl!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!