Trying not to snack at work!

Options
I'm currently a nanny for two little girls who love to snack and eat. I'm losing weight and making a life style change and I find it hard to not be eating when they are. Any advice on how not to snack /eat past a certain time of night even though the girls are eating?

Replies

• BozGirl
    BozGirl Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I make a huge glass of ice water with sliced lemons and limes when I am trying not to snack!
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Two things help me (and I'm surrounded by delicious snacks & treats daily). One, sugarless gum. Gives me a burst of flavor, and I can't pop a cookie in my mouth without getting rid of my gum. Then I repeat "nothing tastes as good as being thin" and imagine my new size 10s are too tight to wear because I gave in "just this once" again and again.
  • MommaWheezy
    MommaWheezy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Constantly drink water so you feel full. Only give them healthy snacks or food you do not like. While they are snacking, scrub the floor. You'll feel better about yourself for burning calories instead of adding calories. Or jumping jacks and push ups. Chew gum. Learn to be satisified with just a tiny bite. tell yourself these snacks are for the children, not for you. Pick a time of the day when you can reward yourself with a snack. Remind yourself to set a healthy example to these children. Good luck.
  • KaylaDrew98
    Options
    Thank you for the advice!
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I snack. I just eat carrots instead of cookies. I realized I have an emotional and physical need to snack, so I just changed what I snacked on.
  • dtroutman
    dtroutman Posts: 62
    Options
    I also just changed what I was snacking on at work. Instead of diving into the candy jar we try and make healthy stuff for all of us or I bring fruits to snack on so I still get the sweetness I want : ) Good Luck
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    you can snack just fit it into your calories or bring in your own snacks from home and make it low calorie so it fits ur diet dont make life hard for yourself
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I know that everyone here is gonna hate me ...... but the kids don't need unhealthy snacks ......

Give them some good, healthy snacks & you can enjoy them as well !

Good luck :drinker:
  • FitFunFabulousNicole
    FitFunFabulousNicole Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    All Great Ideas :) I am a fan of sugar-less gum too - especially for mindless munching when you aren't even hungry.
  • henriettevanittersum
    henriettevanittersum Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I know that everyone here is gonna hate me ...... but the kids don't need unhealthy snacks ......

Give them some good, healthy snacks & you can enjoy them as well !

Good luck :drinker:

Sorry, have to respond as this is my pet peeve. Not mad at you at all; I commend your view! Kids that only eat healthy stuff don't know better. To them, a blueberrie is what a candy is to another. When they start to socialize more, you can add other things should they feel deprived, but parents should avoid projecting their sense of deprivation onto their children!
  • overshadows
    overshadows Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I chew crushed ice and drink a lot of water. Be careful not to bite into hard ice though, bad for your teeth!