Losing 30 lbs before turning 30

Options
Hello my MFP family. I have been on MFP before and lost over 60 lbs, but due to medications, stress of life, etc - I have put over half of my weight back on (no excuses - I could have changed things). I have been through mental issues which caused me to become suicidal, so I was put on anti-depressants. Now, I have been medication free for a few months. Then, I had a knee injury (was hit by a car) and had to have gallbladder surgery. I allowed my eating to get out of control. I just got back from my first Disney trip, and some of those picks scared me. I don't recognize myself anymore. I miss the old me when I was a size 8 before putting half my weight back on. I have started back fresh today - updated all my numbers and I am hitting the gym for the first time tonight since having my gallbaldder surgery. I am still smaller than what I was back in Sept 2010, but I miss the old me.

DETERMINATION IS KEY! I am also a single mom of 2 toddlers, and I am the ONLY parent they have left. I NEED to do this for myself and my kids, PERIOD!!

So, here I am starting fresh and my goal is to lose 30 lbs before I turn 30 in Jan. Who is with me?? I would love to add some new, motivated and encouraging friends. Please feel free to add me!

Replies

• EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    You got this Beth. You did it once and I KNOW you can do it again!
    Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Fat2FitMom19
    Fat2FitMom19 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I want to be 30 lbs lighter in my 30's. I turn 30 in July.
    Welcome back! You can do this!!!!
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I am 30, but also need to lose 30 pounds. :) Friend me if you like, we can motivate each other!
  • auburnlady78
    auburnlady78 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you would like..

Welcome back and good luck!! :happy:
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    welcome back!!! hope you enjoyed your vacay!! we're here to hold you accountable!
  • dawnnrenee
    dawnnrenee Posts: 5
    Options
    You can do it. You definitely seem determine. Good luck and welcome back
  • KatGreenGo
    KatGreenGo Posts: 14
    Options
    I am also trying to lose weight before I hit the BIG 30. I don't wanna go into my thirties looking like it! With the support of everyone on MFP you will be able to do anything you set your mind too! Good luck on your journey, we are all cheering you on!!
    ~Kathryn~