A big step in the right direction...

Options
spiritgurl
spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
Hi Everyone,
I just signed up last night and I'm very impressed with the site. I was feeling a little sad trying to find a profile picture and seeing just how my life has been full of weight ups and downs all documented by the camera. I decided to make a change for the better about 2 weeks ago and today I realized just how much of a stress eater I am. I struggled through the day (made it with no bad snacking) but I didn't know what to do with my hands. They just wanted to pick and pull at snacky food...it's unbelievable how much of a habit I developed without noticing. I was reading some of the postings and it brought tears to my eyes to see how many people are struggling just like me but more importantly, how supportive and comforting others can be. I need to lose about 75 lbs so I have a long way to go and right now I am focusing on the small steps to prepare myself for the long run. I can't wait to read more ideas, recipes and tips...what a great community!

Replies

• coniconstance
    coniconstance Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Baby steps is the best way.. seems to stick better than trying to change everything at once. I wish you well here and in life, peace Coni
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Hi I have about 124 pounds to go so I'll be here for awhile if you want to add me as a friend Good Luck
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    HEy, everyone is here for the long haul and its not easy, add me as a friend and I will help where I can
  • jessudd
    jessudd Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck! Breaking the snacking habit is tough--maybe try reaching for gum when you get the urge to grab a snack. Stick with it and you'll do great!!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Howdy!

I've started crocheting again to keep my hands busy at night (TV time, insomnia, etc.).... I'm two sweaters into my new life so far! (Only 1/2 of a sweater on mfp, though).
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    welcome,.
    maybe you can replace the snacking with good snacks, like popcorn, apples, carrot sticks, gum this is a great site, lots of motivation and lots of people here to help you. You can do it
  • TooFine4MFP
    TooFine4MFP Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Its gonna be alright girl, don't focus on the 75, that seems like a real big number at this stage. Just set smaller goals along the way. Eventually you will hit that 75 mark, but don't focus on the long term goal..............................Be blessed :)
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Congratulations! You are going to love it here! My suggestion - dump all the unhealthy snacks and replace with snacks that are good for you - crunchy carrots and celery and apples are a good start! Best of luck to you!
  • ADJulie
    ADJulie Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    All great journeys begin with one footstep. Welcome to the group.
  • bumbalina
    bumbalina Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm fairly new too and also have 75lbs to loose! I agree that baby steps are the way to go so I've broken mine into 3 mini goals. It feels so much more achivable this way. I'll add you as friend so we can motivate each other.
    Good luck! :happy:
  • spiritgurl
    spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the support and ideas and just a wonderful "welcome" in general. It's a great boost of inspiration to keep my going for the day!