OMG TORTILLA WARPS!

Options
I can't believe I didnt know this before, but I had to tell you all. I found 80 calorie tortillas by La Tortilla Factory!! I found them at HEB (TEXAS) and they are delish! I made a cold wrap for dinner, with lettuce cucumbers sliced turkey and tomatoe. So good and yet soo low in calories!! Hope u all find them:P

Replies

• nikki4ever
    nikki4ever Posts: 116
    Options
    OOPS WRAPS! LOL
  • SammyLynn010
    SammyLynn010 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I found some at Kroger that are 76 calories I think--they are awesome as well! I was soo excited when I found them! lol
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Yes I know these are the ones I use too! La Tortilla Facotry Smart and Delicious right? I LOVE them. I heat mine up in the stove so they are not soggy when I add all my toppings...
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I wish I could find some here!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    tortillas are stupid easy to make at home; not only are they cheaper, you can control the fat/salt content easily, or alter to 100% wheat.

google a recipe. personally, i think the key is letting the dough rest for as long as possible. it makes for a more "elastic" tortilla.
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    These are the ones that I've been using forever! They're awesome! Kicks my fiber right up without having to sacrafice calories. I stuff mine with grilled chicken, peppers and onions. I love fat free sour cream on it! YUM!!!!!
  • candicecumbie
    Options
    La Tortilla also has low carb whole wheat wraps, the small ones only have 50 calories and they are awesome as well. I use them for everything
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Those are definitely great. I also recommend Flatout flatbread. The light ones are 90 cal.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    tortillas are stupid easy to make at home; not only are they cheaper, you can control the fat/salt content easily, or alter to 100% wheat.

google a recipe. personally, i think the key is letting the dough rest for as long as possible. it makes for a more "elastic" tortilla.

I second this! I made a heap of tortillas this weekend. I am pretty sure they cost around... $2 for about 18 of them. And they are delicious and actually pretty fun to make.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

I second this! I made a heap of tortillas this weekend. I am pretty sure they cost around... $2 for about 18 of them. And they are delicious and actually pretty fun to make.

I never even tought about making my own tortillas, and I eat them alllllll the time! I'm definitely going to try this!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options

I never even tought about making my own tortillas, and I eat them alllllll the time! I'm definitely going to try this!

It isn't AS fast as going to the store to buy them, but it was fun! My boyfriend ate the last fancy spouted Ezekiel wrap that we had in the fridge and complained that it wasn't nearly as tasty as the ones we made. Making them was probably even less than the $2 I estimated: a few cups of flour, a bit of oil, a bit of salt and some water. I am guessing the oil I used was the most expensive part.

Have fun!
  • jrkingery
    jrkingery Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I buy the "Mission" brand small fajita wraps. Mostly because they're easy to account for at 100 calories each and tasty.

I fill them with some shredded 2% mexican four cheese blend, some grilled chicken breast, tomatoes marinated with cilantro and chipotle hot sauce, and a teaspoon of fat free sour cream. Two of those fills my stomach up nicely and come in at under 400 calories for lunch.
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    I wish I could find some here!
    I buy mine at Walmart...
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I love La Tortilla Factory wraps made with EVOO. 130 cals, and a small amount of (heart healthy) fat, but they have 12 grams of fiber and are soooo good!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Anyone care to share the ingredients and process for making your own?
  • kayemme
    Options
    i just made some this afternoon, in fact!

1c unbleached white flour (i prefer unbleached)
    1c whole wheat flour
    2tsp vegetable oil (seriously, you do need it)
    3/4c milk
    1tsp salt
    1.5tsp baking powder

mix dry ingredients together, make a well, add wet ingredients, knead until it feels nice and elastic.

allow dough to sit for at least 20m but as long as you can afford

separate into 8 balls of dough, cover with damp cloth and roll out as thin as you can with a rolling pin using flour only to keep it from sticking to the board.

cook on a dry skillet (i use cast iron) for about 1m on each side. serve warm or freeze. makes 8 tortillas.
  • kayemme
    Options
    you can season the tortillas, too.. with chili powder, herbs, sun dried tomatoes, peppers, whatever.. just make sure everything is minced.

if you want to lighten the load (145cals appx) you could probably sub the oil w/ yogurt or something, but these are good calories and i ate a burrito this afternoon with leftovers from dinner last night and i'm still stupidly satisfied. so there's something to be said for that.