Not a good first day!

2kiddos
2kiddos Posts: 1
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
:cry: Hopefully tomorrow goes better. NO MORE MCDONALD'S! Have to make myself get on that elliptical and did I already say NO MORE MCDONALD'S??!!

Replies

• McDonald's is not the enemy. Okay maybe a little bit. If you really have a craving for McDonald's try ordering a happy meal. This should get you past the craving. Also, they have a really good grilled chicken sandwich that is not that bad.

Just a suggestion from another McDonald's junky.:tongue:
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Ugh I know how your feeling. I went way over my calories today from junk food. Try not to stress too much (so hard. >.<) and just remember tomorrows another day. :) I just keep telling myself that its 3,500 cals for a pound so even if I did eat that much over, its just a pound. Just have to do better the rest of the week.
  • patti626
    patti626 Posts: 31 Member
    don't give up...come back tomorrow. you will find support and motivation here. It is probably a good idea to stay away from mcdonalds until you have some time under your belt. Personally, I fight not going through all drive through food places....I keep my purse in the trunk so I don't get tempted. :)
  • I know I had a run in with McDonald's this weekend myself. Darn those big macs!

Just remember that tomorrow is a new day. And remember one meal there is a whole days worth of cals and fat. It's not worth it. Just keep telling yourself that.

Good luck on the rest of your journey. We all slip up from time to time. Just don't let those little slip keep you from reaching your goals.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Now I want a chipotle snack wrap. Haha. :) Mcdonalds isn't all that bad though. They have pretty decent choices as well, so it doesn't have to be written off entirely. a grilled sandwich or wrap is pretty decent so long as you don't get the combo and if you want more, they have the yogurt parfaits and apples that could be paired on the side. It is tempting to choose other things over the healthier options while in the place though. >.<
  • msmonarae
    msmonarae Posts: 30
    You can still work it off....Just make yourself work harder tomorrow and forget about it. I keep healthy food around at all times and If I crave something bad I might go get it..enjoy it... and go to the gym afterwords and work it off but stop beating myself up about it...It's not too late to get back on track. :flowerforyou:
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    It's not over, tomorrow is another day. Big deal, you had a bad day. We've all had a bad day. The difference now is that you're going to 'get right back on that horse'. Don't let one set back stop you. Learn from your mistake and make tomorrow a better day. It's all up to you. Good luck!
  • ajswriter
    ajswriter Posts: 117 Member
    If you do some fast food, it's not the end of the world--just budget for it. Think of it like you're going shopping and you have $20. You don't want to buy something for $19.95 first thing in the morning.

When I McD's, I get stuff individually off the $1 menu (small sizes) or the mighty kids' meal (about 500-600 calories, half of my intake).

Don't beat yourself up!
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    ok, start over again right now, not tomorrow! You can do it. Make sure you are drinking your water, and are planning ahead your meals, and have lots of healthy snacks on hand, it will make all the difference, the other thing I do when having a craving, stick a piece of mint gum in my mouth, (or cinnamon, but not that fruit stuff!) You can do it! Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • palmers6
    palmers6 Posts: 1
    I have found it takes motivation, but mostly for me it takes someone for me to check in with to hold me accountable. Once I found this site and all the help from my close friend, It all made it easier and then I was able to wean myself off a little bit. My friend and I used to go to Mc Donalds, but now we go to Subway. It is my new favorite. Good luck tomorrow.:happy:
  • Jamiecfc1
    Jamiecfc1 Posts: 75 Member
    Any time I feel like a McD's I watch Supersize Me on DVD - puts me off every time! Seriously if you have never seen the film then buy/rent it, if shoudl at least motivate you to reduce intake...
This discussion has been closed.