Keto Diet

Options
Hi all

Starting a keto diet in the next few days just for a couple of weeks to get me back in shape after my holiday.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Jane

Replies

• RiesigJay
    RiesigJay Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Good luck, and stick it through. Give it 14 days of less than 30g carbs, the first 4-5 days will be hard.

Is this a temporary diet?
  • sandviper888
    sandviper888 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    it works and its awsm!
    ive been doing it since feb and lost 59 lbs so far....
    i have to say ive gone over 50grams of carbs a few days but dont let it get me down and just go back at it the next day.
    i started paleo and morphed into Ketogenics.
    love it.
    feel awsm
    eat fat and still lose
    if you have any questions ask away...if i dont know ill get you the answer...
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    it works and its awsm!
    ive been doing it since feb and lost 59 lbs so far....
    i have to say ive gone over 50grams of carbs a few days but dont let it get me down and just go back at it the next day.
    i started paleo and morphed into Ketogenics.
    love it.
    feel awsm
    eat fat and still lose
    if you have any questions ask away...if i dont know ill get you the answer...

Dietary fats won't make you gain weight. An excess in calories will make you gain weight, and out of all the macronutrients, carbs are the macronutrient most likely to be stored as body fat.

Be wary of eliminating any macronutrient. Our bodies are designed to utilize certain food types in various ways, and while it will work with what you put into it, your body does not have to be happy about it.
  • RiesigJay
    RiesigJay Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Annaruthus,

Thank you for your service!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Starting a keto diet in the next few days just for a couple of weeks to get me back in shape after my holiday.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Jane

Decent way to drop quick water weight, unfortunately fat loss isn't significantly different to a non keto diet holding cals and protein constant
  • Janeyb1978
    Janeyb1978 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just temporary yes.

Just to get some quick results back.

:-)
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Always scared when a person put “quick” and “results” in the same sentence when talking of weight loss or body transformation.

I am with Annaruthus… and If you were a friend of mine, I would say "how about you skip that and just kick it old skool - be kind to your body, eat clean, kill it at the gym, practice some patience and then, voila: you'll get results!”

A
  • formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    50 g. carbs is way too low.