Fogo De Chao

I'm going to be going on my honeymoon and we want to go to Fogo De Chao (DC). I can't find any nutrition info (yes, I'll be eating more on the honeymoon, but I don't want to stop tracking). Does anyone know where I can find their nutrition info and if not, something comparable to their menu that does have info? I've never been there.

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    ... on the honeymoon, but I don't want to stop tracking.
    For all that is right in this world don't bother with tracking on your honeymoon. Just enjoy yourself. You can start tracking again when you get home.

I've heard that Fogo De Chao is fantastic.

• tierybm
    tierybm Posts: 7
    A lot of their food is fruits, veggies, and meats with different marinades. At least, from what I can remember. It's been years since I've been to the one in Texas. The food was absolutely amazing.

I'd just stay mindful of portion size in your head. You will be eating a lot of meat. They have an amazing salad bar with all sorts of goodies on it. The biggest issue you'll probably have is if you have the bananas for dessert. They are absolutely amazing...but so not good for us watching our calories. I did find a few choice items listed on MFP, and the bananas was one of them. Not really sure how accurate it is though.

Fogo de Chao is a Brazilian steakhouse, so if you could find another one that has nutritional info that would be your best bet if you want an idea of calories. I tried looking up Texas de Brazil for you, but couldn't find anything for them either.

Congratulations and enjoy your honeymoon! You won't be disappointed with Fogo De Chao. ^^
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Brazilian steakhouses have roving waiters who walk around with various types of roasted meat. They give you a sign that's red on one side, green on the other. If you turn the green side up, it means, "I'm still interested in more meat". If the red side is up, they won't offer you anything. So, the calorie content is sort of immaterial. It all depends on quantities.

My advice: enjoy the fantastic salad bar. Don't go crazy on the meats. Remember that the first bite is always the best; the 100th may not be worth the calories. So, make sure you get a piece of each type, but then show 'em your red card. A good motivation might be to save room for dessert! If your husband is up for it, you could share the dessert to cut calories. These places are pretty expensive but get comfortable with the idea that you don't want to stuff yourself just to get your money's worth.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    I'm going to be going on my honeymoon and we want to go to Fogo De Chao (DC). I can't find any nutrition info (yes, I'll be eating more on the honeymoon, but I don't want to stop tracking). Does anyone know where I can find their nutrition info and if not, something comparable to their menu that does have info? I've never been there.

Special occasion, so don't worry about cals and get your fill of the great food they have to offer. Their salad bar is awesome, but limit that to save room for all the meat
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    I really don't think you will find any nutrition info for a brazillian steakhouse unfortunately. Congrats on the wedding and great honeymoon choice! I may be partial because I live in DC. :)