Advice on doing insanity again

Options
Hi,
I I finished Insanity 3 days ago and am considering doing it again, I have had good results and want to keep lean and build a little bit more muscle although I am a little bit tight on space (hence not doing Asylum, P90x etc...)
I was just wondering, would it be a good idea to do month 2 Insanity again but add a few exercises in to it (maybe at the start or end) that involved me using a doorway pull up bar for chest, bicep, shoulder strength?
Also what days would I be best doing this on ie...Add a bit of upper body strength training to which workout ......Max Interval, Plyo, Max CArdio etc......
Cheers

Replies

• ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I finished on Saturday. I started it again back at the beginning yesterday. I think what I am going to do is on my off day incorporate weights. I have a Janni Love DVD that is excellent I will try. Its trial and error as I'm not sure what to do until FocusT25 comes out this summer. Once that launches I will be doing only that. But Shaun T is mum about when exactly it will be out..
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I finished Insanity over the weekend as well, did my final fit test on Sunday. I am taking this week off to relax and give my body a break - I've been pounding it for 6 days a week / 8-9 weeks straight. I am debating focusing on strength training or doing a hybrid / modified version of Insanity.
  • chineyLuv
    chineyLuv Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I finished Insanity over the weekend as well, did my final fit test on Sunday. I am taking this week off to relax and give my body a break - I've been pounding it for 6 days a week / 8-9 weeks straight. I am debating focusing on strength training or doing a hybrid / modified version of Insanity.

What's the "Hybrid/modified verios" of Insanity?
  • ChgingMe
    Options

Good for you and congrats. I know if I took a week off I wouldn't go back. My fitness level is only as consistent as I am. Once I stop I fail. A couple days maybe but never a week..

Are you familiar with Shaun T's Focus T25. that launches in a few weeks.
  • BarryWilson1108
    BarryWilson1108 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to do T25 Focus, I am also hoping that it is similar to insanity but more intense. Has anyone any idea about what it involves? Does it require extra equipment/space etc...?
  • ChgingMe
    Options
    I am hoping to do T25 Focus, I am also hoping that it is similar to insanity but more intense. Has anyone any idea about what it involves? Does it require extra equipment/space etc...?

I think everything needed comes with it. I saw resistance bands. That's all I know about it.