workout from home?

Options

Replies

• dmgelinas
    dmgelinas Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I work out from home and love it! Like you said, there's no travel and planning involved therefore there's no excuses! PLUS there's no big crazy buff guys staring and me. lol!
    Add me anyone, and we can keep up together and bounce ideas off of each other! =)
  • carolmarie17
    carolmarie17 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a treadmill in the basement...I can turn the music up super loud and sing along..without bothering anybody else. lol
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I strictly workout at home! I find it easier to get in if I do it in the mornings, since there are less distractions. Also I have several programs I can choose from and free weights. I have thought about a gym membership with my daughter, but decided that I am not sure I would get the full benefit of it.
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Haven't been to a gym in three years and I'm in the best shape of my life.
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I generally do, but it kinda depends on my schedule. I get a free gym membership through work, but working out at home is so much easier than fighting with people for equipment, and my basement gym is 90% of what I need, so...

^^This is my reason for wanting to do my workouts at home I hateee waiting on a machine, lol:grumble:
  • DirtyTrickster
    DirtyTrickster Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I lift in my basement, but at times I think I'd rather go to the gym. 2 small windows and no interaction with others makes it feel like a dungeon.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I do!! I do Insanity. I also rent workout dvd's like Billy Blanks, Biggest Loser etc from my local library. But I also have a membership to Planet Fitness when I have a sitter for the children so it works out well.
  • SkullMama73
    SkullMama73 Posts: 33
    Options
    I don't like the gym atmosphere and I'm honestly just too self conscious to work out in front of others. A few good exercise dvds, exercise programs On Demand, and the great outdoors are what work for me.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    How many people here workout from home??? I do!!! I still have my YMCA membership because of the kids but it's soo much easier to just get it done when I don't need a babysitter and to drive all the way there!!

I love working out at home. It's so convenient and such a time saver. Every paycheck I like to add to my home 'gym'. And now there are so many awesome and FREE workouts available on youtube that there is no need to spend a lot of money on DVD's. I have a gym membership to mix things up a bit. And with the warm weather I have access to a lot of outdoor trails for hiking and running. But working out at home has always been the best way for me to go!
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I have a health club available to me, but the only time I use it is if it's pouring rain so I can do five miles on the thread mill. Otherwise I do my fives miles (or more!) outside on the road, and do my yoga in my home--I go to a class now and then but haven't really found an instructor I like who teaches at a time that works for me who isn't 30 miles away.
  • Angelm0905
    Angelm0905 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I also have a Y membership but work out at home. Debating on cancelling it. I do videos from www.fitnessblender.com. I love them! Lost 3 lbs last week eating 1200 cal and working out with them online.
  • EricPogamat
    EricPogamat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What type of workouts do you do at home? I work out at home also and love working out on my Pogamat. I use it with P90X.
  • EricPogamat
    Options
    What type of workouts do you do at home?
  • EricPogamat
    Options
    I agree with the commute. What type of workouts do you do at home? I work out at home also and love working out with P90X on my Pogamat.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I workout from home, too :)
  • jandjcassidy
    jandjcassidy Posts: 143
    Options
    Wow interesting to see how many people actually workout a home! Yep I do and I use Chalean extreme dvd's they are great!! This month I lost 4" off my waist 2 " off my hips and lost 3 lbs!! I am determined to get into the best shape of my life!!!
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    i lost all my weight and gained all my muscle from working out at home. i still do :)
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've never paid for a gym membership and I don't plan to. I have small children so trying to plan that time out of the house just doesn't work for me. I have an elliptical and do numerous DVDs: 30DS, TurboJam, TurboFire, and I go mountain biking when I can get away.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I do. I have a 3 month old and my husband works long hours so I'm kind of stuck.
  • Sunnyjb
    Sunnyjb Posts: 220
    Options
    I do both. If I know I'm running errands and will be by the Y or on base I pack a gym bag and some water and a protein bar and find my way there. If I am going to be at home cleaning or waiting on a delivery I'll do a video or use my free weights/bands/exercise ball. There's always a way, and always time