how to long HIIT exercises/workouts?

Options
Well its in the question- does anyone know?

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    True HIIT is 12-15 minutes. Anything over 20 is not "true" HIIT, just regular intervals.

Basically, you should be dead after 15.
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I would say 15 - 20 min is enough for a general HIIT workout. 30 min maybe maximum, depending how long intervals you have.
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    It's mentioned in NROLFW that intervals shouldn't be really longer than about 20mins. And in that instance I believe they mention 2 mins of brisk walking, 1 min sprinting, 2 walk, 1 sprint, etc.
  • lucyhross
    lucyhross Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Cool thanks, but does anyone know how to log it in as.. ah just realised i had put 'long' and not 'log' in the question! :P ok so start again.....

how do i LOG HIIT workouts in my exercise diary? i cant seem to find it on the database........

thanks
  • nathan0726
    nathan0726 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Best way to log it is to invest in a heart-rate monitor. I have a Polar one. It will track your HR and calculate calories burned accordingly, then all you need to do is input it into MFP as HIIT and put in the calories burned.
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Best way to log it is to invest in a heart-rate monitor. I have a Polar one. It will track your HR and calculate calories burned accordingly, then all you need to do is input it into MFP as HIIT and put in the calories burned.
    HRM's are not accurate for hiit. The best way would be to just make up a number. It's just as accurate and saves having to waste time using a HRM.