Day one of 30 day shred....need motivation

Options
I started the 30 day shred DVD today. I managed my 1st workout...just! Please can I have some success stories/total inches/weight lost etc to give me some motivation??

Replies

• tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    You got through your first workout? You're waaaay ahead of where I was when I started. My first workout I got through ten minutes of it and then I thought "I am going to hurt myself if I keep going."

So I quit. And the next day I tried again. And I quit early again. Lather, rinse, repeat. When I got through the first workout without stopping, I threw myself a mini-party.

So you deserve the mini-party on your first day! :-D

PS A year later not only had I progressed through all the levels of the 30-Day Shred, I was doing *two* workouts in a row becaue I wanted to keep my heart rate up longer!
  • gibsonrv
    gibsonrv Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks so much! That's what I need to hear, I keep trying to think about where I will be in so many weeks rather than where I am now!

It's definitely the best workout DVD I've tried! Here's to day 2! :)
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I started today, too. I felt like Lamar from Revenge Of The Nerds during the warmups but even those kicked my butt. I got 8 minutes into it and was dripping with sweat and completely out of breath and had to take a break. I though it'd be easier than it looks. I'm going to keep going until I nail it all the way through. That's my motivation!

Keep up the good work, only 29 days to go! There are a lot of threads and photos about 30DS here.
  • momo9128706
    momo9128706 Posts: 45
    Options
    I did it 2x! The first time I lost 10 lbs, second time I lost 7! Just make sure you keep eating healthy and don't skip any days! Good luck!
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Be sure that mini-party you throw yourself for being enough of a goddess to get through it on the first day ... contains some ibuprofen. Because MOTHER OF *kitten* you will need it tomorrow!

Seriously, I am so impressed that you made it all the way through without ever having done it before. Definitely look at the total excellence you'll have reached in a few weeks ... but spare a look for where you are right now and give yourself a high-five for not dying or flinging the CD out the window like a Frisbee.

Also, remember that now that you've done it once, it will never be this awful again. It could be *almost* this awful, or awful in different ways, but you made it through the awfullest part, where you had no idea what was coming and you kept pounding onward anyway.
  • gibsonrv
    gibsonrv Posts: 28
    Options
    The more people I've told about completing workout 1 the more I'm hearing how good that is on its own! Feeling pretty positive now, thanks for all of your words of wisdom people! Ibuprofen at the ready! :) good luck to everyone else who is doing it/started today!
  • sss1966
    sss1966 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hey I started today too. I did it last year, 30 days straight, and I lost a lot of inches, don't know if I will do it daily this time as it was a great commitment. It's easier this time as I am fitter but will probably still ache tomorrow!
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred DVD today. I managed my 1st workout...just! Please can I have some success stories/total inches/weight lost etc to give me some motivation??

I am doing Day 6 Level 1. I made it through the first work out but it felt like barely to me too! I was barely off the ground if at all while doing the jump rope. Yesterday for day 5 I was actually up in the air for the jump rope...like the harder chick! It was awesome to see that much progress in only 5 days! So what I am saying is, stick with it...you will see progress quickly:happy: !
  • crowesnest16
    crowesnest16 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Also did 30DS for the first time today - persuaded my daughter to do it with me, by the end I was dripping, shattered, shaking and wondering why I had started it.... but perservering, got it set up to do tomorrow and determined to stick to it!
    Keep to it, have heard lots of positive stories about it - preparing for the pain tomorrow :)
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I started today, too! Could not do all the pushups in the first circuit--even on my knees--and my arms still hate me. I dream that by day 5 or 6 I'll be able to do them all...

On to Day 2 tomorrow!