Hello in need of some online support

Options
Hi All

I've been on this diet merry go round for years it seems. I'm now at what must be my heaviest ever and a meeting with my doctor yesterday led to a telling off. As I get older this gets so much harder any support would be great - knowing I have you all to talk to will make a big difference.
Likewise if I can lend support to others I am happy to
I look forward to building lasting relationships :smile:

Replies

• Bubblevixen
    Bubblevixen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain with the diet merry go round! :( This time I intend it to be the final time for dieting and more of a healthy lifestyle,. I want to be able to dance again like i used to and be fit again for the children. :D There's a great community here and lots of support for all. I may not always be able to comment on status's on the day, because i work such crazy shifts, but I'll try and catch up in the following days :) Message me if you need to chat hun :) Friend request being sent to you :) much love and hugs :)
  • nborneman
    nborneman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me and we can help each other achieve our weight loss goals!
  • redgirlrunning
    Options
    Hi! I'm new myself, but it looks like a great community around here to get the support we all need. Congrats for taking the first steps, and Good luck in your journey to a healthier you!
  • SassyMom23
    SassyMom23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request. This community is great and the people are very supportive!!
  • laperegrina18
    laperegrina18 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for such a warm reception it really is appreciated. I'll try to catch up with everyone as much as I can sometimes my workload gets pretty full so if I'm quiet I'm not ignoring you I'll be busy with conference calls and the like :happy:
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request :-)
  • SmurphyKU
    SmurphyKU Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    welcome! this community really does help you stay encouraged! added you! anybody else can add me as well!
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this website offers a lot of support!
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I think so many of us can tell the same story. A doc put on me on my first diet at the ripe old age of 4! I spent the next 56 years overweight. I finally ended up in a wheelchair when my weight put so much stress on my displaced hips that I could no longer walk. I went to the Dr expecting an answer and he said " you need two new hips but I can't do it at your weight". I was faced with spending the rest of my life dependent, virtually helpless and feeling useless--0r losing weight. It was the "incentive" plan I needed. I had gastric by=pass instead of hip surgery and lost 149 pounds. I use a walker instead of a wheelchair, I volunteer as an RN at a local free clinic and go to the gym 4 days a week. My goal is to get rid of the walker and just use a cane. This is a very tough fight but you can do it and the rewards are worth the struggle. Good luck!
  • aldale
    aldale Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I believe in supporting not tearing down. Just send me a friend request.
  • laperegrina18
    laperegrina18 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you - such an inspirational reply :happy:
  • soupermomof4
    soupermomof4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am in constant need of support too....the motivation just isn't there for me. Add me as a friend if you would like!
  • Mzgarcia10
    Mzgarcia10 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome, maybe we can lend eachother some support.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    hello.very supportive..add me.
  • sllingy
    sllingy Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm also new to this site and have more than just a few pounds to lose. Would love to have someone to share meal plans and ideas with..........keep out spirits up!! Just send me a friend request............and anyone else that wants to support this challenge.
  • Disneynut
    Disneynut Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, friend request sent, as everyone is saying above, plenty of support here as we are all out for the same thing.

The more friends, the less chance we have to make excuses :happy:
  • sllingy
    sllingy Posts: 4
    Options
    I hear you girl friend............I'm also in need of support!! Let's be there for each other. :wink:
  • saraknotts
    saraknotts Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm sending you a friend request...I think we could all use some more support! (I certainly could)