healthy eating.....this and that in the UK

Options
this bloomin eating healthy - clean - and fresh is mighty expensive ...trying very hard to stay away from processed food ...and buying tons of fruit .veggies...lean meat - fish....good cereals .....nuts.....very low fat /greek yogs ....etc etc....spent a ton at tescos's !!! ( and frozen veg too )

also today i bought a carton of low fat soya milk....and tasted it...i thinks its better than almond milk ....( the taste ) so i will be having that now ....

i did a taste test and then the semi skimmed tasted so sweet....

i have once in the past lost loads of weight but now am in my 50's its almost non existent weight loss.....1lb here and there ...well maybe 3lb in a month...so if i look at it over a year that will be a good result for me....

and twice a week i go to a boot camp - where its 1 hr of complete cardio....and toning....

and then i do another workout in the week at home...

oh well....off to the boot camp......get fit not fat !!!!! xx

Replies

• buffty
    buffty Posts: 83
    Options
    I hear you. Unfortunately fresh fruit and veg are extremely expensive in the UK, nothing like as bad as meat and fish though! Astronomical! We pay sooooo much for fresh produce compared to most countries on the continent, it's very challenging.
  • cheliki
    cheliki Posts: 33
    Options
    If you can, try and get a Costco card. They cost £30 but the fresh meat and veg are in big quantities and are pretty cheap.

Low fat Strawberry Onken yogurt 1kg was £1.69. I just couldn't believe it!!
  • anitalowe399
    anitalowe399 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    yeah i do costco as well...i got large oranges there...tomatoes .....persil !!! toilet rolls a bargain..../ salmon.....and tomatoes ...love costco xx