Just needed a rant...

Options
OK, slowly coming to the realisation that I may be a stress eater! (I have never considered myself such!) but this week has been monstrous!! I am flying to Spain on Friday, and I am a little stressed about the whole affair!! I hate flying, I am going away with my family for the first time ever, I am worried I don't have enough money, that I wont enjoy myself, that I haven't got everything packed! On top of that I have a uni assignment due in on Thursday, right now there is a tutorial running online for guidance, which I could really use, but I am missing because my computer has locked me out of the site!! To top it all off I want is to eat my entire body weight in crap food (all I can think about is peanut butter and ice cream!!!!!) GRRRRR. I feel like a blimp, like I should have started dieting earlier and I should look like a freaking bikini model right now... which I don't!!!

And all of this has accumulated in me posting a stupid rant on the MFP site to make me feel better... and to stop me raiding the fridge. Hug, anyone?

Replies

• BJJGirl79
    BJJGirl79 Posts: 6
    Options
    Big hug!! You avoided the food route, and turned to your support! Take a deep, calming breath. Lay on the floor on your back, prop your feet up on a chair, and do some deep breathing--or go for a walk.
    De-stress yourself, then try again. I rant all the time! Feel free to vent to me anytime! :explode:
  • eringrace10
    eringrace10 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Big hugs, I went though a similar situation a couple of years ago, so can totally sympathise. Have you considered using a uni pc to access the tutorial. Hope it gets better.
  • Tuesday20
    Tuesday20 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey hun!! I study with the Open University, so I study my degree from home. Unfortunately this means if the systems aren't working there is no one around to help you out (by the time you get through to your tutor or the helpdesk the session has already closed!)

Thank you all for the hugs... I will do y deep breathing and walk very soon x
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    You have so much going on! No wonder you are stressed! Not to sound cliche, but exercise is the best stress-buster. Get a hard-core work out in, and I bet you feel much better. You can do this!:heart:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    OK, slowly coming to the realisation that I may be a stress eater! (I have never considered myself such!) but this week has been monstrous!! I am flying to Spain on Friday, and I am a little stressed about the whole affair!! I hate flying, I am going away with my family for the first time ever, I am worried I don't have enough money, that I wont enjoy myself, that I haven't got everything packed! On top of that I have a uni assignment due in on Thursday, right now there is a tutorial running online for guidance, which I could really use, but I am missing because my computer has locked me out of the site!! To top it all off I want is to eat my entire body weight in crap food (all I can think about is peanut butter and ice cream!!!!!) GRRRRR. I feel like a blimp, like I should have started dieting earlier and I should look like a freaking bikini model right now... which I don't!!!

And all of this has accumulated in me posting a stupid rant on the MFP site to make me feel better... and to stop me raiding the fridge. Hug, anyone?

First world problems, ftw.
  • jsbieniek
    jsbieniek Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Big ((((Hugs)))) I've been feeling much the same way but have no idea why. Any chocolate in the office is in serious danger of disappearing! You got this, you'll look back at it later and laugh!
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I can send ya a big teddy bear hug! Actually, you turned this situation into a victory and came out with a huge insight. I'm also a stress/emotional eater so I've got an inkling of what you're going through. Just tackle one thing at a time. Also, Spain is a quick hop from merry old England and flying is actually safer now than it has ever been.
  • lizbeth926
    lizbeth926 Posts: 43
    Options
    LOL.....I'm laughing because I had a similar day not long ago! Sending you BIG HUGS! Deep breaths, have fun, and leave the peanut butter alone! lol
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Hey hun!! I study with the Open University, so I study my degree from home. Unfortunately this means if the systems aren't working there is no one around to help you out (by the time you get through to your tutor or the helpdesk the session has already closed!)

Thank you all for the hugs... I will do y deep breathing and walk very soon x

Another OU here. can understand the stress of assignments and not getting onto the site. Have you got a local friend that you can pop round. Also look at clearing cache and I've found a different browser can sometimes help with some of the stuff. If its not the final TMA you could ask your tutor for an extension and then get a chance to understand the course a bit more.

Good luck and enjoy your break away .
  • aefader
    aefader Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing with stress and boredom. I would suggest finding some sort of creative project...writing, arts & crafts, drawing, singing, etc. Something to relax your mind and it keep it off of the fridge. Try googling art projects for relaxation or stress relief.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Go to the local library.. they always have computers that are hooked to the internet. you may need to pay a little but it would be worth it for the tutorial.
  • Tuesday20
    Tuesday20 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    MyM0wm0w... this genuinely made me smile!!! Real perspective on life... thank you :D

Thanks everyone for all your support. Having had a lie down, a cereal bar and a glass of milk (my guilty pleasure) I feel much better! *feeling the love* <3
  • nuemmedigg
    nuemmedigg Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Big hugs coming your way. You will do just fine flying, hopefully your money won't run out and tell your computer to behave, or you'll turn it into a treadmill. Enjoy Spain and do lots of walking. Someone on this thread said exercise is the best stress-buster. I agree.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Well, you'll get through school. And for the trip, don't worry so much! You'll have a blast. I hear Spain is pretty fantastic (it's certainly on my list of places to go!). Make a list of all the things you want to pack-- I do that for every trip and it eases my mind tremendously. As for the starting dieting earlier, hey, you at least you started and aren't giving up just because you're stressed.