Maintenance: Always hundry, need help!!

Options
_Josee_
_Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
Hi!

I need help getting that hunger under control.

I eat around 1670 cal a day (my TDEE, at sedentary).
I run 5k 3 times a week, 90 min yoga 2 times a week + 1 hour bike ride 2 times a week. I eat all those exercise calories back, each day that I've earned them. If I do nothing, I eat 1670 cal.

But, I'm always starving!!!!!!!!! That's ridiculous. Should I eat more ?!? I'm already having a hard time maintaining my actual weight. When I was loosing eating more helped me alot. Maybe it's the same thing happening here ?!?

Any advices , or similar experiences here ?

Replies

• eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Have you continued losing on your "maintenance" calories? If so, I'd say up it. Alternatively, what kinds of foods are you eating? Empty calories like chips or alcohol won't be as filling as more nutritious foods, obviously. Maybe you need to play around with your diet or the time of day you eat.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    bump
  • patrnbabe
    patrnbabe Posts: 42
    Options
    A couple possibilites:
    you're not eating enough to compensate for the amount of exercise you're doing.
    you're not eating enough protein and fats.
    you're not eating enough complex carbs (whole veggies, legumes, etc) which take longer to digest than simple carbs (fruits, sugars, etc)

Some small tweaks of what you eat and in what proportion may do the trick. Otherwise increase your calories a little.It's hard to say w/o looking at your food diary.
  • ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    A couple possibilites:
    you're not eating enough to compensate for the amount of exercise you're doing.
    you're not eating enough protein and fats.
    you're not eating enough complex carbs (whole veggies, legumes, etc) which take longer to digest than simple carbs (fruits, sugars, etc)

Some small tweaks of what you eat and in what proportion may do the trick. Otherwise increase your calories a little.It's hard to say w/o looking at your food diary.

This is a good point. Usually on a cut your diet should be high protein and high fiber in order to feel full between meals. Your carb sources should be low GI.