Ello ello everyone.

Options
Hey everyone, first time trying this site out. I guess we all have a common goal, so I want to wish everyone great success. As for me, my goal is to lose 80lbs over all. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• dmgelinas
    dmgelinas Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race! Life style changes, not just dieting is the way to go!
    A Heart Rate Monitor will help you out a lot, considering a lot of the trackers for calories burned on here are quite inflated.
    SUPPORT! to keep you motivated and accountable (feel free to add me - anyone).
    Good luck!!!! You can do it!!!!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    weigh every thing, do not go by cups/ portions, slices, etc
  • Harlequinndancer
    Harlequinndancer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've just started using this site this month as well. Wishing you luck with your personal goal! I'm trying to lose 100 lbs myself :)
  • auburnlady78
    auburnlady78 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Make sure you drink lot's of water and keep moving even on the day's you don' t want to work out take a walk. Feel free to add me I'm on every day and will help any way I can.
  • Adderly619
    Adderly619 Posts: 21
    Options
    100lbs that is a long road, Im sure you will do just fine. Do you have a set time limit. I myself want to do it within a full year. However I want to be safe about it.
  • Adderly619
    Adderly619 Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks for your advice, I never used a heart rate monitor before, so it will be interesting to add it to my daily workout and life. Im always motivated and will reach my goal in time.
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I've just discovered the boards. I usually log on using my phone. Wanted to wish you luck! I am aiming to lose at least 25 more pounds. I lost close to 30 and have been losing and gaining the same 5 for a year.
    What I struggle with is socializing. I socialize a lot and find it hard to stay within calories when not eating at home. I also struggle with hunger. I am a runner and get so hungry all the time. I hope to find tips on here now that I know it exists.
    Good luck to you!!!
  • Harlequinndancer
    Harlequinndancer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a set amount of time as I have a hard time losing the weight. (I can work out like a dog and only lose 1/2 a lb in a week) It took me awhile to get to where I unfortunately am and it will take time to take it off again. I'm thinking it may take a couple of years for me at a minimum but I'm hoping it goes for good this time! Slow and steady I guess will be my end result but the aim is the final result isn't it?
  • redwan2001
    redwan2001 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) the motivation and support you get on here really keeps you going and striving to push harder :) I use to weigh 350 lbs before this site, I got down by myself to 200lbs, with the help and motivation I am at 165 lbs and still pushing hard. Trust me if I can do it so can you. If you need an extra buddy feel free to add me :)

Nadia
  • AAllin38
    AAllin38 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hey everyone, first time trying this site out. I guess we all have a common goal, so I want to wish everyone great success. As for me, my goal is to lose 80lbs over all. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Set mini goals. It sounds easier. start with 25 pounds and when you lose that, set another one for 25 pounds... and so forth. It worked for me.
    eat well, play hard, work out harder!!