As low as I can go

Options
Ok so I'm 19 1/2 stone and ashamed of myself. I'm in such a deep hole and I can't see a way out,
I have 2 beautiful kids and I'm not gonna be around to see them grow old yet for some reason I'm not able to use this to motivate me, I guess I'm admitting to myself that I'm lazy, I'm So overweight that the smallest amount of exercise exhausts me. Before I got married I was going to the gym every day and got to a really good weight and I was so happy, then I changed jobs , got married and had two kids within 2years and lost myself.
I need someone behind me to kick me up the bum and shout in my ear to move move move. . . . . .

Replies

• cynflo77
    cynflo77 Posts: 2
    Options
    Dear Sammie,

Just try to set small goals. I can totally relate with the feeling of being lazy and not getting to the gym. I too am trying to lose weight but mine is because I don't want to get pregnant at the weight that I am at. I want to be able to be at a healthy weight before trying to have kids. Feel free to write me to keep motivated and I will also need someone to push me too!
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Sammie - Chin up dear! You can do this and you can gradually work yourself out of this. You won't be able to change your life overnight, but just be sure to start building time into the day for you to focus on this. Even that small amount of exercise is a start. Eventually you will be able to add to it. Wishing you determination and luck!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I need someone behind me to kick me up the bum and shout in my ear to move move move. . . . . .

No you don't. You just need to get up and do it.

Stop waiting for motivation. That comes later. It's action that matters.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Like she said...set small goals. It gets easier after you make a committment and it becomes a habit (and you start seeing results). Don't give up!!
  • SamDanielleB
    Options
    It's ok if you can't work out yet; your diet is the most important factor in weight loss. Work on changing that, getting your calories under control and switching to lots of fruits, veggies, and lean meats. You should lose some weight just by correcting your diet and then you can work towards exercise. And see if you can get your spouse or other friends/family involved to keep you motivated and optimistic. You can do this! Who knows, your healthier food choices could even extend to the rest of your family, and your kids can grow up healthy and fit while you work to become healthy and fit :-)
  • Sammie262
    Sammie262 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I'm gonna try for the millionth time to lose some weight, I'll keep you posted, thank you for your support. Xx
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Well, the good news is that you know you need a kick up the bum x

So you are 19.5 stone, so the only way is down!

Forget the kids ( I don`t mean literally) but I mean that you have to put yourself first sometimes. You are a Mum and a wife, but at the same time you are YOU and keep that in the back of your mind OK?

Just take baby steps...you could have everyone on MFP behind you and pushing you along but you have to take control for yourself.

Take on that first half stone, that is all it takes to keep things moving.

Read the success stories on MFP to inspire you.

Eat less, move more xx
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi ya Sammie!

Feel free to add me if you'd like. Now I won't be necessarily the yell at you kind of person lol - but I'd be the person to chit chat with and share stories of what's working for me.

Also - trust in the fact, and be comfortable with the fact that - there are people in the world bigger than you are right now. I, myself, am one of them. Unlike you - I have not had the joys of love, and children, and a family etc - so start to look towards the lovely things in life when you get down.

And most importantly - MAKE SMALL STEPS! Took you a while to get to this size - accept the fact it'll take you a whlie to lose that weight.

If you're a soda addict - such as myself - try cutting that down some. I'm doing only 2x a month (payday treat!) to see if that helps me.

Also - i found that if you put baby spinach on EVERYTHING you eat lol - it really helped me. I realized i am a bulk eater. doesn't so much matter what - long as i can eat a lot of it. - 4 FULL CUPS OF BABY SPINACH = only 20 cals. woohoo

Hope this helps and smile - it looks good on ya! ;)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Ok so I'm 19 1/2 stone and ashamed of myself. I'm in such a deep hole and I can't see a way out,
    I have 2 beautiful kids and I'm not gonna be around to see them grow old yet for some reason I'm not able to use this to motivate me, I guess I'm admitting to myself that I'm lazy, I'm So overweight that the smallest amount of exercise exhausts me. Before I got married I was going to the gym every day and got to a really good weight and I was so happy, then I changed jobs , got married and had two kids within 2years and lost myself.

This site is fabulous and you have the chance to get a lot of support, but you have to bring the motivation to this process for it to work. You have to want to change so much that you are willing to do the work for weeks and months and years. You have to live through plateaus that seem endless but then progress finally comes. People here can be cheer leaders & they can offer good advice and moral support.

The exhaustion you speak about makes me wonder if you're having health problems that need medical attention. Get in to your health care provider and get yourself checked out. Be sure your lack of energy doesn't come from health problems or depression. Those things can be treated. Then you can start on your transformation. You'll have to be stubbornly persistent at taking care of yourself, and progress comes slowly so you just keep doing the right thing even when the scale doesn't move. It will eventually go your way.

Good luck! We're ready to cheer you on.
  • Sammie262
    Sammie262 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks katia49 I'm currently undergoing 6monthly checks for cervical cancer as I've had treatment in the past but this isn't to blame or to be used as an excuse, I think I've just neglected myself for so long now I just need to concentrate on myself for abit.x