Over 100 days in...

Options
I have been on myfitnesspal for over 100 days and have lost 32 pounds so far... just first want to thank the wonderful people who started this site...

What I guess I need help with is how do people stay motivated personally I don't see the weight loss on myself and can get very down and some times feel awkward when people gush over my weight loss ... Just need a few suggestions... Thank you for taking the time to read this!!

Replies

• Tonigirl519
    Tonigirl519 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It can be a daily struggle to stay focused sometimes...then some days it just becomes natural. That's what I'm going for to become natural on most of not all days. But until then I stay connected with folks on the same journey via mfp and youtube. I love when mfp says if I continue to eat and exercise the same way on a given day...then bam..I'll be such and such weight in 5 weeks. Well the numbers don't go down as fast as mfp says...but they do go down...so stay with it...what do you have to lose..no pun intended...and next year this time...wow..just wow..dare to try it..
  • DebbieM09
    DebbieM09 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Congrats Debbie, that's an astonishing weight loss! That's more than 2 pounds a week, the ideal weight loss rate. Great work!

You know, I have lost more than 70 lbs and I'm still not really used to it. Sometimes when I look in the mirror I look the same to myself. I don't see the loss. It takes a while to make the mental adjustment....

Something that helped me was just a few days ago I took a pic of me now and compared it to pics of me at my highest weight. I finally saw myself with the eyes of other people and I could see the changes in me. I made a progress pic (its in my profile pics). So maybe you should take some pics every month. Then you can look at them and see the changes and feel motivated. Since you see yourself in the mirror every day, its hard to notice changes. But pictures can help a lot.

Good luck to you! Keep up the great work!
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Take those compliments, you deserve them. Losing weight is not easy. It can be hard to stay motivated. I like setting mini goals and giving myself a nonfood treat when I reach them. Like a manicure or a piece of jewelry, whatever you like. Good luck.
  • DebbieM09
    Options
    I just took a picture over the weekend and I did notice a difference... I guess they are right we are our own worst critics... Thank you
  • DebbieM09
    Options
    I like the way you think ... totally getting a mani pedi when I reach my next goal!!
  • tljjazzy
    tljjazzy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    yay!! good job!!
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    You're doing a great job! I was going to mention that we are indeed our own worst critics. My boss noticed my weight loss at only ten pounds, but honestly, the only reason I know I'm losing is because of the number of the scale and how far I notch my belt. If I didn't have those to measure, I honestly would not think I had lost any weight.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I've learned to just say "Thank you" whether I believed them or not when I was complimented. Eventually, when people tell you they notice you start to believe it and will eventually start to see it.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Just remember you weight is going down and not up and that should help you stay motivated. Hopefully you haven't cut out your favorite foods because then you will crave them. Make this a life style change and not a diet and enjoy your favorite foods in moderation and you will be able to stick to it.