NOT SEEING RESULTS!

Options
Hey everyone! I just need some help here... I have been trying to lose weight for a LONG time for like 7 months and I am not seeing any results. I run or walk when I have time but I have two jobs, have two horses, go to school and play a college sport, so I am not a lazy couch potato by any means. I do not eat crap and I have been counting calories on and off but it is discouraging that I am not getting results from calorie counting because that is supposed to be the "sure fire" way to lose weight. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I have thought about getting a nutritionist or a personal trainer but they are so expensive.. Any help you advice would be great!!

Replies

• silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Have you lost any weight at all or have you been keeping track of measurements?
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    People will have more advice if you can provide height, weight, age, etc...also if you could make your food diary open to the public.

With a great deal of physical activity and no results I'd lean toward not eating enough.
  • affacat
    affacat Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I do not eat crap and I have been counting calories on and off but it is discouraging that I am not getting results from calorie counting because that is supposed to be the "sure fire" way to lose weight. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

reread what you posted. you answer your own question. if you do something 'on and off', then you're not doing it.
  • KLCZETA
    KLCZETA Posts: 6
    Options
    You're preaching to the choir. Seen no result for 8 months! Went to my doctor thought it was thyroid, but found out I had low Vitamin D levels. So just started taking extra Vitamin D as doctor suggested. Will let you know how that turns out. In the mean time check in with your doctor maybe he or she may be able to assist you in your weight loss program.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I do not eat crap and I have been counting calories on and off but it is discouraging that I am not getting results from calorie counting because that is supposed to be the "sure fire" way to lose weight. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

reread what you posted. you answer your own question. if you do something 'on and off', then you're not doing it.

This! You can't expect results if you don't stick to something and do it properly.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

This. You MUST be consistent with logging your food and staying at or near your goal before you will see any results.
  • nannukka
    nannukka Posts: 52
    Options

This. You MUST be consistent with logging your food and staying at or near your goal before you will see any results.

This^
    Yes, it is time consuming and tedious to log the calories, but it gets better after you do it for a bit since most of us eat at least some of the same foods and you can "copy" them, make "my meals" etc that saves time. But how do you know it is not working if you are not doing it properly.....Also were you perhaps eating too little? Sounds like you are super active and busy, so you probably would need to eat lots of calories. Have you tried the TDEE system? If not, maybe check that out before you through the towel in. And yes, maybe also visit the doctor just to be on a safer side (my guess is that you are eating too little).

This PU's new, simple way to calculate TDEE:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975707-fat-loss-tactics-guide