cramp in toes

Options
maxinecc
maxinecc Posts: 38 Member
does anyone know why I keep getting cramp in my toes and calfs......my toes almost curl upwards, it's agony, even walking about doesn't make it stop

any advice

Maxine

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Wish I knew. It doesn't happen to me that often fortunately, but my right toes tend to cramp a lot.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it happens to me sometimes too. Stretches have helped my calves and the bottoms of my feet to some extent, but I still cramp up sometimes. So painful!
  • pstaceyca
    pstaceyca Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Could be a lack of magnesium...look it up online, can't hurt to try taking a supplement, most people don't get enough.
  • LovnLifeInVT
    Options
    I get them when exercising if I am dehydrated. Try increasing water intake...it helps me.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Could be a lack of magnesium...look it up online, can't hurt to try taking a supplement, most people don't get enough.
    This, or calcium.
  • mjculbertson4512
    mjculbertson4512 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Check your calcium and magnesium levels. The calcium is listed here, you have to go to reports to track. You really need your 3 a day servings of dairy. I cramp up when I have been more active than usual or I have forgotten to drink a glass of milk in the am.

Runners have a half pint of low fat chocolate milk at the end of a race. Seems silly, but it really helps.

Gatorade is good, I just can't keep the stuff down for some reason. Someone else will have to point you in the right direction with this product.
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    This, or calcium.

or potasium and sodium...
  • maxinecc
    maxinecc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    thanks for the advice, I do usually take a calcichew (calcium) every day but haven't for past month or so, I will start taking again and need to up the water intake. I don't drink enough, it's been warm the last few days and I could be a little dehydrated.

Maxine
  • marysowter
    marysowter Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I suffer with this, cramp in my toes,calves and the muscle at the back of my leg is very tense and painful.Went to the doctor and he told me it was bad circulation and gave me exercise to do which do help,I lay on the floor bring my legs up and flex my toes forwards towards me.I do this regular and it does work x
  • Rarity2013
    Rarity2013 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I used to get this a lot as a kid, and my dad would always give me a tomato in half with loads of salt on it. Lack of sodium sometimes causes cramp, especially in extremities.