New to My Fitness Pal

Options
dzoucha
dzoucha Posts: 1 Member
Hi! I am just getting started on My Fitness Pal. Have been doing another weight loss program for over two years. Had some initial success losing 45 pounds, but have stalled out the last year at around 38 pounds off. Have gotten under 200 pounds a few times but seem to always gain back to the 202-206 pound range. I really need some motivation and also need the clean eating way!

Replies

• CoachChrisD
    CoachChrisD Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP, you will see that you get lost of support and motivation to help you here. Go ahead and add me and would love to keep you on track and motivated
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Welcome!

You'll find some awesome support here :) I really didn't do the social aspect of it when I first joined but just recently came back about 2 months ago and all my friends on here have been wonderful and supportive and help push me.

I'm great with motivation! As for clean eating, you'll see I pretty much eat whatever I want, but do so in moderation. No more 5 slices of pizza for me in one sitting!

My Starting weight (2010) - 167
    Current weight - 131.8
    Goal weight - 120-125

I'm on here because of medical reasons - I have FMS (Fibromyalgia) and so many people gain weight because they stop exercising because of the pain. I work through it and exercise lightly, but just because I have a diagnosis doesn't mean I let it define me. I can still be healthy!

Feel free to add me, I log daily and am on here a lot to check up on friends and check my messages. And if it's a bad day I still log every bite and every calorie lost, even if I'm way over on calories. We only learn by getting through it, not cheating ourselves in lying in our diaries :)
  • tamaraharris21
    Options
    i think it's great being on this site as well i joined in april and i had my mother join my sister and my aunty and i love it and im happy to have other people that dont mind talking to other people about their weight loss///

my name is tamara im 26
    weight in was 182
    current 169
    goal 159

open and ready to make friend on this site :)

and i think its great that you came back:)
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I became active using MFP about 14 months ago but didn't really start to get involved in the community until a couple weeks ago. I've had great success so far using this site! I'm here to get in better shape, look better, feel better, get off all my medications and stick around for a long, long time.
  • saleh1988
    saleh1988 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    thx u guys
  • tamaraharris21
    Options
    welcome to the group i'm here to meet people that is willing and friendly and i don't mind helping you get motivated my sister is now a member her current weigh in is 370 and i had her join to get the weigh down to have people help and motivated her letting her know she's not the only person with weight problem so i say were all beautiful we all have goals let help eachother get to are goal weight my name is tamara letting you all know don't be a stranger:)
  • beckywester75
    Options
    My name is Becky and I'm 35 and here so hopefully I can lose some weight for 2 weddings coming up in the next year. Looking better and feeling better would be great! I also have a disability called Spina Bifida that makes it extra challenging to stay in shape. Some motivation and exercise tips would be appreciated! Thanks!
  • tarlyn74
    tarlyn74 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi! I just started today as well and still trying to figure it all out. :)
  • purplespeckle
    purplespeckle Posts: 652
    Options
    I always get stuck in the same spot too and lose my motivation I'll message you !
  • CoachChrisD
    CoachChrisD Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    support + motivation + Accountabilty = success
  • onedayatatime410
    onedayatatime410 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You can do it... consistency is key and we're here to help each other.... You can add me :)